Lexham Analytical Lexicon to the Septuagint

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 708
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 30 2014 7:55 AM

WOW, Logos! The new "Hebrew Alignment" in the Lexham Analytical Lexicon to the Septuagint is a marvelous gift of your digital scholarship. Many, many thanks from your devoted users.

Posts 3140
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 30 2014 1:13 PM

Steve Maling:
WOW, Logos! The new "Hebrew Alignment" in the Lexham Analytical Lexicon to the Septuagint is a marvelous gift of your digital scholarship. Many, many thanks from your devoted users.

Although I like you welcome this new feature within this resource. I strongly object to the term "alignment" as it implies a structural rather than lexical agreement. Other than that bravo!

I'm pretty sure the in house scholars in Logos will overlook this opinion, so I guess I'll just have to get used to it Smile

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.4

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 30 2014 7:04 PM

Pretty timely too and includes the aramaic 'lexical agreement'!   Now to see how to work the new info into my 'world'.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 1 2014 3:59 AM

Very interesting. Like Denise, perhaps I can find a way to integrate this into my "world" Geeked

Posts 3140
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 1 2014 4:22 AM

Denise:
Pretty timely too and includes the aramaic 'lexical agreement'!   Now to see how to work the new info into my 'world'.

Actually Denise, if asked for a suggestion, which I haven't been, then I would suggest Hebrew equivalent or in your case Aramaic equivalent. I think you can actually look the word up and get a sense of what is meant to be conveyed rather than simply accept a  poorly conceived neologism. 

As for working it into your world, a young woman of your prodigious talents I'm sure you will find some way of making use of it. That goes for you to Jack.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 1 2014 4:33 AM

Beloved:
a young woman of your prodigious talents… That goes for you to Jack.

Do I need to change my avatar? Hmm Big Smile

Posts 3140
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 1 2014 5:28 AM

Jack Caviness:
Do I need to change my avatar? Hmm Big Smile

Yuk, yuk my bad. I should have known you would make this parallel, man Smile

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 1 2014 7:00 AM

Jack's a lot younger than me. I think that may be the confusion.  Of course his lovely wife is the clue.

But I must admit that this resource update oddly causes me to 'start over'.   Last night washing my teeth (when most critical thinking occurs), I thought this resource is what the 'Biblical Sense Lexicon' should have been.  Hard to say.  I'm speaking to what 1st century people might 'think' with a specific word/phrase.

I'm really hoping Logos will go forward on the latin side.  That would give another great dimension.  The story of Jerome struggling with 'hebrew?' vs theological usage (greek) is something only Logos could let us also struggle with.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS