LOST EXODUS - Suggestion

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3859
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 4 2014 5:16 PM

Originally posted in "General", but probably should be in "Suggestions" ...

http://www.amazon.com/Exodus-Lost-S-C-Compton-ebook/dp/B004GEAL4Q 

Exodus Lost 

The book appears to be self published, but the author's credentials, if accurate, seem strong.  I cannot find it in LOGOS, but I suspect it should be.  

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 34434
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 4 2014 6:25 PM

Looks fun ... I'm not sure from the reviews quite what to make of it beyond that.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 4 2014 6:39 PM

It appears that he is an advocate of cultural diffusion such as that of Cyrus Gordon (and Thor Heyerdahl (Voyage of the Raft Kon-Tiki)).  This particular view of Gordon's hasn't met with much acceptance.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 4 2014 8:35 PM

Well, if the theory panned out, it would not be good day for the Valley of Hinnom, anyway.  Pretty much a disaster.

But luckily, suggesting free books from Amazon would seem like a self-limiter, revenue-wise.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 34434
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 4 2014 10:12 PM

free books from Christian publishers have been mentioned regularly in the last few weeks - a gray area so I leave it to Logos to decide.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2917
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 8 2014 6:15 AM

Has an interesting chapter explaining infant sacrifices. And hints that human sacrifice was introduced to Mexico from Canaan.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 8 2014 7:10 AM

Yep.  That's what I was guessing earlier in my comment above.

I'm only on page '30%' but I was fully expecting him to somehow make it to the runestones in Heavener Oklahoma.  He has the miners in the Sinai inventing the alphabet (which from what we understand came from Heavener).

His factoids are fascinating; his conclusions suspend intruding other factoids.

Posts 2917
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 9 2014 12:13 PM

Denise:

His factoids are fascinating; his conclusions suspend intruding other factoids.

Found it interesting enough to finish [instead of reading something else I said I would read]

There should be enough there for someone to show if it is valid or not.  

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 9 2014 12:42 PM

I finished it too.  I kept thinking there'd be a chapter where it all gets glued together.  But then I hit the notes. So I backed up to his conclusion 'Maybe this'll make sense to someone.'  At least he's honest.

It's an interesting book; free. I especially like the part where the Egyptian chariots could go through sand; just not wet sand.  I have to assume he's never ridden a bicycle in the sand.  Here in AZ, they tried to place Route 66 almost a hundred miles off-course to avoid the sand.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 10 2014 8:39 AM

Denise:
I especially like the part where the Egyptian chariots could go through sand; just not wet sand.  I have to assume he's never ridden a bicycle in the sand.

Or read the article Bob linked to in his Twitter feed the other day: http://wapo.st/1pZEf2L.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 10 2014 8:51 AM

That's interesting.  I can't say as how I've ever tried to move pyramid blocks on wet sand (or anything else similar in feature).  But I do notice at the beach, the dogs like to run in the dry sand and the humans stroll on the wet sand.  The show-off cars go for the dry sand; the speedy ones wet sand.

Ok.  Pyramids solved (sort of). Now for the Temple blocks (which were even larger).

By the way, the same book noted the re-use of the pyramids by the Hyksos, with no more pyramids built after that (in northern Egypt). Maybe the Hyksos drove the aliens out of Egypt (over to Sedona).

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 10 2014 9:53 AM

Denise:

That's interesting.  I can't say as how I've ever tried to move pyramid blocks on wet sand (or anything else similar in feature).  But I do notice at the beach, the dogs like to run in the dry sand and the humans stroll on the wet sand.  The show-off cars go for the dry sand; the speedy ones wet sand.

Ok.  Pyramids solved (sort of). Now for the Temple blocks (which were even larger).

By the way, the same book noted the re-use of the pyramids by the Hyksos, with no more pyramids built after that (in northern Egypt). Maybe the Hyksos drove the aliens out of Egypt (over to Sedona).

That's because Genesis doesn't talk about alien invaders (well, except for the Sons of God in the flood story).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVSRm80WzZk

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 10 2014 11:14 AM

Ha.  But I guess you're implicitly suggesting Genesis was written before the aliens introduced wheels on flying thrones (Eze).

Posts 34434
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 10 2014 1:26 PM

It sounds like time to recommend Immanuel Velikovsky

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 10 2014 3:10 PM

MJ. Smith:

It sounds like time to recommend Immanuel Velikovsky

If you do that, Michael Heizer might jump into the discussion.

george
gfsomsel

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS