Free from David C Cook for Vyrso

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 8 2014 10:26 AM

When Will My Life Not Suck? Authentic Hope for the Disillusioned  

https://vyrso.com/product/42079/when-will-my-life-not-suck-authentic-hope-for-the-disillusioned

This is the current free offer from David C Cook - but it is not listed on their page as being free for the Vyrso e-reader.  However a quick search of Vyrso discovered that they too had it free.  Enjoy.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 8 2014 10:34 AM

Thanks, Floyd.

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 8 2014 10:49 AM

Thanks for highlighting this, Floyd.

Posts 3752
True North | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 8 2014 10:52 AM

Thanks.

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 8 2014 2:47 PM

Bump

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 2071
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 8 2014 6:31 PM

This is not a comment on Floyd, who is very helpful to give us heads up on freebies.

Am I alone in that the verb "to suck", as remembered from my youth, has very unsavory origins? If others share this perception, when did the verb become acceptable in polite conversation and communication?

I was an Almost Christian in my youth, with my notion of salvation based on a superstitious incantation, but I don't think I had such an unusual environment that I alone have this perception.

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

There are four lights

Posts 2784
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 8 2014 6:46 PM

Robert M. Warren:

Am I alone in that the verb "to suck", as remembered from my youth, has very unsavory origins? If others share this perception, when did the verb become acceptable in polite conversation and communication?

Hi Robert;

I'm not sure of the origin, however, I do remember the word floated around and was part of the vocabulary of our teenage groups of the early 70's (me included). The word was never used by our parents or the adult community (I've never heard them use it). When used, the word meant that something was uncool or not good.

Posts 2784
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 8 2014 6:49 PM

BTW: Yes, the word had multiple meanings determined by how it was used in a sentence.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS