Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Shaun Cash | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 16 2014 12:45 PM

I am looking for anyone who received the 1984 NIV Bible in their Logos package before it was removed.  If you are not using the 1984 NIV as your primary bible and would be willing to sell it please contact me and let me know how much you would like for it.  I can buy the bible from you or allow you to purchase another book(s) off of the Logos site and I will pay for them.  

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 12:54 PM

Shaun,

Welcome to the Logos forum. A couple of issues here. First, it is against the forum rules to use the forum to buy, sell or trade things, including Logos resources. Second, even if someone was willing, he or she may not be able to. My 1984 NIV is tied to a package that I originally bought. That package was upgraded at least once or twice over the years. I couldn't sell you the NIV because it is linked to a package.

Posts 4
Shaun Cash | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 1:26 PM

Hello Bill, I was told by the folks at Logos that they could transfer the bible to my account and was directed by them to place this post.  I have spent thirty years memorizing the NIV bible and do not want to change at this point in my life.  I do not mean to offend and would not use this site for buying and selling.  I am simply trying to stay with the bible I grew up with.  Are you the administrator?

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 2:01 PM

Shaun Cash:
I was told by the folks at Logos that they could transfer the bible to my account

They can, but only if the seller bought it as a separate resource, not if he bought it as part of a package. Packages can only be sold as packages. Or at least that's what we've always been told.

Shaun Cash:
Are you the administrator?

We are just users like you, and Bill was simply quoting the Forum Guidelines

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 5316
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 2:43 PM

fgh:

Shaun Cash:
I was told by the folks at Logos that they could transfer the bible to my account

They can, but only if the seller bought it as a separate resource, not if he bought it as part of a package. Packages can only be sold as packages. Or at least that's what we've always been told.

Shaun Cash:
Are you the administrator?

We are just users like you, and Bill was simply quoting the Forum Guidelines

I should have at least 4 licenses of NIV84

Concordia Study Bible came with one licence 

Peoples Bible Came with one licence???

Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary Expanded Edition came with one

Logos 4 came with one

-Dan

Posts 28891
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 3:20 PM

Dan Francis:
I should have at least 4 licenses of NIV84

Are you following this thread? 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 3:23 PM

Shaun

I have an NIV 1984 which I never use, as I use the NIV Anglicised which I purchased in 1993. If it's acceptable for Logos to transfer ownership then you may have it free of charge. Just direct Logos' attention to this post.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 28891
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 3:25 PM

Alan Macgregor:
I have an NIV 1984 which I never use

Did you acquire it outside of a base package? If not, you won't be able to transfer it without also transferring your entire base package.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4
Shaun Cash | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 4:18 PM

Dan, I will contact the technical department to check on a transfer. 

Posts 4
Shaun Cash | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 4:26 PM

Dan, if you will email me at shaunlcash@gmail.com I will give you the details so we're off the forum and not violating any rules.  Thank you to all who responded to this.  I am very excited to stay with the bible I grew up with.  May God bless you all.

Posts 7739
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 4:31 PM

Alan has one for free, why would you want to take Dan's.  Also, to Dan, when you purchased your "licenses" was dynamic pricing into effect.  I think dynamic pricing sometimes does a little harm, because if you got it then you think you have 4 licenses, but you only have one since you got credit for the one you already owned; unless you bought the SDA collection when the NIV84 came included.

By the way Shaun, I'll sell you my copy for $100 bucks and you get the rest of the SDA collection as a bonus.  Wink That way you can help me buy some new books.

DAL

Posts 5316
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 6:10 PM

I know that either the SDA package or Concordia would be the only ones I would consider. And I would want is enough to replace the package.... (I think the Concordia Self Study Bible is only $30, and the transfer fee... I will email you to figure things out if this is your cheapest route.

-Dan

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 17 2014 3:06 AM

Shaun,

Just want to mention that not all 1984 NIV comes with Reversed Interlinear (RVI), even if it does, you will likely be getting only the Greek NT RVI without the Hebrew OT RVI. I was hoping that one day I can purchase the NIV84 Hebrew OT RVI.

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 5316
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 17 2014 11:40 AM

The RVI as I understand it are part of the base packages and will not be part of the NIV1984, indeed the NIV1984 never had the Hebrew RVI finished. NIV 2011 does have RVI, but again these are only  part of a base package. 

-Dan

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS