Milford Charles Murray

Page 7 of 7 (132 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7
This post has 131 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2458
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 3 2014 5:05 PM

Sad news but knowing goodbye is only for us. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 1777
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 3 2014 6:43 PM

Bruce Dunning:
It's funny, although we never met face to face I was extremely fond of him and will miss him greatly. He was such an encouraging man and will be greatly missed.

Like a favorite uncle.

He was married 53 years! Isn't that just like Milford?

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Posts 1455
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 3 2014 7:51 PM

he reminded me apostle John. I think they are good friends now :) Will miss him so much. 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 2769
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 3 2014 9:06 PM

I will miss him as well, and pray for his family's comfort. Although I don't post often enough to develop a strong online Logos relationship, Rev. Milford's mannerism and distinct signature was memorable. He had a gift of making one feel as though you were having a conversation with him actually close to you in the same room.

Posts 3041
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 3 2014 10:23 PM

He was a happy man, he always used to say smile!.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 10761
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 4 2014 1:49 AM

I started to write several times since I learned about the news - Milford had a special way to make friends here on the forum, to encourage people and to show with his peaceful manner how to conduct in a Christian way on the internet. He really was an outstanding example. He went out of his way to greet and encourage people - I have often seen him visit posts where no one had yet replied and encourage the thread starter. On the other hand, he always had a friendly and wave-calming post for those threads where emotions and personalities get out of hand. So, without adressing us, he challenged those of us who are more technical oriented with his example of kingdom character and joy in the Lord. Reading one of his a posts brought depth, a smile and a peaceful atmosphere - we dearly miss him. On the other hand it's great that he now can see what he believed for so long, and fully rest in the source of his joy.

My prayers go out for his family and church, may the Lord comfort them in their loss.

Rosie said the rest better than I could:

Rosie Perera:

Milford, your rust-colored star has been exchanged for a gold star! Smile

Rest In Peace, Milford!                                  *smile*                     We will miss you!

But we will see you again someday!

*smile*

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3041
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 5 2014 1:52 AM

NB.Mick:

I started to write several times since I learned about the news - Milford had a special way to make friends here on the forum, to encourage people and to show with his peaceful manner how to conduct in a Christian way on the internet. He really was an outstanding example. He went out of his way to greet and encourage people - I have often seen him visit posts where no one had yet replied and encourage the thread starter. On the other hand, he always had a friendly and wave-calming post for those threads where emotions and personalities get out of hand. So, without adressing us, he challenged those of us who are more technical oriented with his example of kingdom character and joy in the Lord. Reading one of his a posts brought depth, a smile and a peaceful atmosphere - we dearly miss him. On the other hand it's great that he now can see what he believed for so long, and fully rest in the source of his joy.

My prayers go out for his family and church, may the Lord comfort them in their loss.

Rosie said the rest better than I could:

Rosie Perera:

Milford, your rust-colored star has been exchanged for a gold star! Smile

Rest In Peace, Milford!                                  *smile*                     We will miss you!

But we will see you again someday!

*smile*

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 5 2014 9:42 AM

Due to my irregular interaction on the Logos forums, I completely missed this thread. I do, though, echo the thoughts shared regarding Milford. As he has gone, so shall we. May we seek to reflect Christ as he did.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 5 2014 10:14 AM

Do you miss Milford"s posts?  I ran across one that will bless your heart.

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/70072/486956.aspx#486956

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9250
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 5 2014 10:33 AM

Super.Tramp:

Thanks for sharing this. It did bless my heart. He was such an encouraging and humble man. I will miss his *smile*

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 5 2014 12:30 PM

Super.Tramp:

That's great, Matthew. Thanks!

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 10739
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 5 2014 12:59 PM

Super.Tramp:

Thanks for that link Matthew. That thread brought many smiles as I reread the exchanges between Milford, George, and myself.

BTW: George gave away the truth about his age in another thread when he mentioned the launching of a certain Soviet satellite.

Page 7 of 7 (132 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 | RSS