easy access to file locations

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 367
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 1 2010 9:58 AM

In WORDsearch 9, you can use Help to find where your files are located.  I would like something similar in Logos 4.  I recently got a windows 7 laptop and I find the program file locations to be mysterious.  When people in the Logos forums refer to file locations they often don't match mine and I wind up spending/wasting time trying to find my files.  If they were available in Help it would be very useful.

If that is not likely, a page on the WIKI showing typical Logos 4 file locations for various OS's would be helpful.

I tried searching the forum but could not find what I want but would welcome a URL if post(s) exist.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 10:11 AM

Ken F Hill:

In WORDsearch 9, you can use Help to find where your files are located.  I would like something similar in Logos 4.  I recently got a windows 7 laptop and I find the program file locations to be mysterious.  When people in the Logos forums refer to file locations they often don't match mine and I wind up spending/wasting time trying to find my files.  If they were available in Help it would be very useful.

If that is not likely, a page on the WIKI showing typical Logos 4 file locations for various OS's would be helpful.

I tried searching the forum but could not find what I want but would welcome a URL if post(s) exist.

What is probably the easiest and fastest way to locate them is to use Windows Explorer to search you HD for "*.logos4".

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 367
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 10:13 AM

George Somsel:
probably the easiest and fastest way to locate them is to use Windows Explorer to search you HD for "*.logos4"

Thanks for the tip.  That generally is what I do now.  But while that is the easiest and fastest way currently, it is not what I would call easy or fast.  The way it is now strikes me as everyone on his/her own, reinventing the wheel.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS