Biblical People/Places/Things not Working

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 37 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 609
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 1 2010 10:15 AM

Everything was fine last night. What happened? I have 4.0a SR-2.

Posts 35775
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 10:18 AM

First thing to check is if the re-indexing from the download is complete. Look for the Logos icon in your tray.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 609
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 10:25 AM

Thanks, MJ, but that's not it. Update reindexing finished yesterday.  I added one resource last night but haven't merged indexes yet for that one.

Posts 609
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 10:37 AM

I restarted so I could get a log - here it is for whenever you Logos guys get back to work. Smile

2703.Logos4.log

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 10:47 AM

Pam,

i am not a Logos guy, but thought of possible questions/suggestions.

1)  are you opening Biblical Places inside the L4 main window or into a floating window?

2) Have you tried rebooting your computer?

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 10:58 AM

Pam Larson:

Everything was fine last night. What happened? I have 4.0a SR-2.

CONFIRMED

I'm seeing this from the Passage Guide. Those options are 'greyed out' But the 'Handout' still works, which uses some of the same resources.

Odd.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:05 AM

Richard,

Don't know if this helps you isolate the problem, but i have 4.0aSR2 and did not update my resources for the newer RI's. The Biblical People work in My Passage Guide as shown below. If there is something i could try on my system to help you help Pam, let me know and i will try it.

Posts 35775
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:10 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
I'm seeing this from the Passage Guide.

Mine is still working as well - I would suspect some error in indexing but Logos may have to become involved. Note my NASB interlinear is fine, too.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:13 AM

I just got done today downloading the latest update and my BP and BP aren't working either...

or the NASB int....

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:20 AM

MJ. Smith:
Note my NASB interlinear is fine, too.

Did you update to the newer Reverse Interlinear?

Posts 609
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:20 AM

My NASB interlinear isn't working either!

Thanks for all the input. I will reboot now and see what happens.

Computer facts for Logos guys:

HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC, x64-based, AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72, MS Windows Vista Home Premium.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:22 AM

I just posted a bug report

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:32 AM

steve clark:
Don't know if this helps you isolate the problem, but i have 4.0aSR2 and did not update my resources for the newer RI's. The Biblical People work in My Passage Guide as shown below. If there is something i could try on my system to help you help Pam, let me know and i will try it.

Your icon in the upper left looks like the icon for a custom Guide. What happens if you use the standard one?

If you get good results with the standard guide, the issue could be indexing. If you don't, there's a problem with the Guide.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:37 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
What happens if you use the standard one?

Tried it with the standard guide, they work there too

Tried both the People & Places using the guide started as shown above. They both work.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:41 AM

steve clark:
Tried both the People & Places using the guide started as shown above. They both work.

Okay, will have to try rebuilding the index. Maybe that will fix the issue with the NASB95 Rev Int too.

I'll report back when it's done.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:43 AM

Richard,

Robert P. above tried pulling down the Nasb95 again this morning and it did not restore the RI working for him. So you might want to hold off re-indexing???

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:47 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
Your icon in the upper left looks like the icon for a custom Guide. What happens if you use the standard one?

Mine are greyed out in MPG + PG. Picture below. SR2.

This is beginning to look like a bug. Can anyone else confirm?

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 609
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:48 AM

Back from rebooting - didn't help.

I first noticed the problem because I had Biblical Places open in a floating window when I shut down last night.  This morning that window said something like Resources Unavailable.

When I right-click on a place name in my Bible (Damascus in Acts 9:2 - tried both NASB and NRSV) Places does not show up in the right-click menu. 

When I go to the Tools menu all 3 items under Bible Facts are grayed out.

When I run default Passage Guide or My Passage Guide Biblical People, Places and Things are all grayed out.

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 12:55 PM

I must not be living right like most of the folks who are posting error messages like this one. This is another one I cannot replicate. I've tried 10-15 of the postings and all works well here. I'm using an HP Pavilion Elite e9220y with an AMD Phenom II X4 910 Processor 2.60GHz, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit. Here's what my L4 shows when trying to replicate the problem:

I'm trying to figure out how to help, but if I cannot replicate the problem I'm just useless.... Stick out tongue

God bless

{charley}

Later edit: And I have all the latest updates, as well.

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 609
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 1:39 PM

I'm wondering if the problems today (Biblical People/Places/Things, NASB Interlinear, missing LXX) have anything to do with the recent message "Beta licenses expiring"?

I was a beta tester until the official 4.0 release. Were those of you having the same problems also beta testers?

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS