Classic Sermon Library Builder

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3323
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 5 2014 6:11 PM

I think that it was a very good idea on the part of Logos to create a Classic Sermon Library Builder, and I think that it's fantastic that two of the sermon contributors are Blessed John Henry Cardinal Newman and Br. Thomas a Kempis. Aside from noting this new Library Builder on the forums, I'd just like to note the discrepancy between this collection being listed on the Logos website as Evangelical and the theological positions held by these two authors in particular. Both of them died Catholics, although some of the included sermons from Blessed Newman were given while he was still an Anglican.

https://www.logos.com/product/42483/classic-sermon-library-builder

Puer natus est nobis. Merry Christmas!

Catholic Products Forum - Book Suggestions UserVoice - Verbum Blog

Posts 27654
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 5 2014 6:21 PM

This appears not to have dynamic pricing - given the resources, the usual "fixed payment to publisher" reason doesn't seem applicable.

My bad. It is working.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2063
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 5 2014 6:35 PM

MJ. Smith:
This appears not to have dynamic pricing

Seems to be working here. ~ $38, 92% Off.

Posts 593
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 5 2014 6:37 PM

MJ. Smith:

This appears not to have dynamic pricing - given the resources, the usual "fixed payment to publisher" reason doesn't seem applicable.

MJ, mine showed a difference of about $45 in price when I signed out and signed back in. I don't have much in the way of sermons such as these, but this does look like a useful compilation of some great preachers throughout the generations.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 5 2014 6:40 PM

MJ. Smith:
This appears not to have dynamic pricing

It does. My price is $5.95  (3 books)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 5 2014 6:55 PM

Nine good resources, including the five Moody, for less than thirteen and a half. Not half bad. Thanks OP

Posts 2063
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 5 2014 7:11 PM

SineNomine:
I think that it was a very good idea on the part of Logos to create a Classic Sermon Library Builder

Brilliant idea by Logos given the new sermon feature in the guides. Would love to see a Modern Sermons edition also.

Posts 1873
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 5 2014 7:15 PM

Only $4.43 for me.

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 5 2014 8:39 PM

Thanks. Picked up 11 more resources for $17.38.

Posts 149
David A. Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 5 2014 11:49 PM

Rosie Perera:
Picked up 11 more resources

How can I find how many more resources I am getting?  I see the price (more than 17.38) but cannot see what is added,

Thanks,

Dave

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 5 2014 11:51 PM

David A. Peterson:

Rosie Perera:
Picked up 11 more resources

How can I find how many more resources I am getting?  I see the price (more than 17.38) but cannot see what is added,

I waited until the new ones downloaded and then counted how many new resources I got. Note that I made sure my resource downloads were all up-to-date and the recent ones tagged before doing this so I wouldn't get confused about which new downloads were from this purchase and which were already waiting for me to download from a pre-pub shipping recently or whatever.

Posts 27654
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 5 2014 11:56 PM

Randy W. Sims:
Would love to see a Modern Sermons edition also.

Funny - I thought this was modern. Actually I've become impatient that the Early Church Fathers' sermons haven't been tagged despite them being in many base packages over the years. And when I saw this collection, I immediately thought we needed a similar Medieval collection.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 412
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 1:27 AM

I have a reasonable dynamic price for the remaining sermons and almost purchased it thinking it would enhance the Sermon section of the sermon starter.

But in checking with some of the resources I already have (i.e. Hugh Latimer & John Bunyan) i realised that the results for these sermons do not come under Sermon tab

but rather under Collections tab

so although this resource is advertised as follows:

.... it still my mean trying to find it 300 hits down the collections list!!!

I think many of us want to see this bundle linked to the "Sermon/Sermon Starter" rather than "Collections/Sermon Starter". So does anyone know if Logos has plans to retag these resources for this purpose.

Posts 412
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 1:34 AM

Just remembered an earlier discussion on this and found an answer to my own question:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/81604/590737.aspx#590737 (see below).

But my main point is if you buy this don't assume it will appear in the Sermon tab.

Posts 10261
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 1:41 AM

Stephen,

that's very outdated information, see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/85216.aspx - I believe Logos will deliver updated sermon metadata for all of those in this resource bundle (if they haven't already).

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 27654
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 1:43 AM

While I didn't check them all, those that were new to me appear to be tagged for the sermon section. Logos has made it clear they intend to continue tagging resources that preceded the section. Looking at your results have you created a sermons collection ... it looks like you have mixed very different resource types together.

Posts 27654
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 1:51 AM

Stephen McCracken:
.... it still my mean trying to find it 300 hits down the collections list!!!

You set the collections up yourself. It sounds to me like you may want to split your collection into more manageable units - by era preached, by denomination, liturgical date or not ...

Posts 412
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 2:31 AM

Thanks NB & MJ for helpful comments above. You are both right and have great memories. 

Posts 3323
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 3:23 AM

MJ. Smith:

Randy W. Sims:
Would love to see a Modern Sermons edition also.

Funny - I thought this was modern. Actually I've become impatient that the Early Church Fathers' sermons haven't been tagged despite them being in many base packages over the years. And when I saw this collection, I immediately thought we needed a similar Medieval collection.

I think MJ is right.

Puer natus est nobis. Merry Christmas!

Catholic Products Forum - Book Suggestions UserVoice - Verbum Blog

Posts 451
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 6:58 AM

MJ. Smith:
Actually I've become impatient that the Early Church Fathers' sermons haven't been tagged despite them being in many base packages over the years.

Yes please!

MJ. Smith:
And when I saw this collection, I immediately thought we needed a similar Medieval collection.

And yes please!

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS