SUGGESTION: Catholic product forum

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3492
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 6 2014 3:46 AM

We need a Catholic product forum.

We should have gotten one when the Lutherans, Anglicans, Orthodox, etc. got their forums, but now would be a good time too. There is a Catholic product manager. There are a number of Catholic forum users. There are many suggestions for Catholic products, all of which are presently condemned to this forum rather than being allowed their own forum. It shouldn't take long to set up a Catholic products forum. It would be used.

Dear Logos, please give us a Catholic products forum.

Thank you in advance for that forum.

(PS: Fellow forum users, this is not a request for a Verbum forum. Please discuss that idea exclusively outside of this thread. Thank you!)

Posts 18863
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 3:49 AM

Yes

I'm not a Catholic, but I often like to suggest products by Catholic authors or from Catholic publishers, and there is presently no good place to post those. So I'm highly in favor of the creation of a Catholic Products forum.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 4:00 AM

YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2542
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 4:30 AM

SineNomine:

We need a Catholic product forum.

Dear Logos, please give us a Catholic products forum.

Yes, There are separate forums for other product lines - fair is fair

SineNomine:

(PS: Fellow forum users, this is not a request for a Verbum forum. Please discuss that idea exclusively outside of this thread. Thank you!)

Yes, that is needed too but yes, there are other threads that discuss that topic.

[both have been requested over and over again - thanks for bringing the subject up again.  May you be the one the gets it done!]

[Maybe someone should link all the old threads on a Catholic products forum to this one?]

Posts 28760
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 1:10 PM

I suspect that the lack of a Catholic forum at this point can be construed as the Logos response. The question is how will they handle the reunification of the Orthodox and Catholics?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 2:05 PM

MJ. Smith:
The question is how will they handle the reunification of the Orthodox and Catholics?

Do you expect that to happen imminently?Smile

(Actually, if it was up to Francis and Bartholomew, I suspect they'd concelebrate this Sunday. Unfortunately, I also suspect that would make the Russians (among others) a wee bit upset. So it's not going to happen. And I doubt it'll happen in 2025 either. Though it would be nice.)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 28760
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 2:37 PM

fgh:

Sooner than some American churches cease to consider catholics pariahs - unfortunately based on prejudice rather than theological knowledge as they "play nicely" with others of very similar beliefs.[Evidence: response to the canon switch, lack of Catholic resources in Vyrso, lack of Catholic forum, separation (Verbum) from Orthodox, Anglican, Lutheran (Logos) ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 28760
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 2:41 PM

fgh:
if it was up to Francis and Bartholomew,

or Pope Paul VI and Ecumenical Patriarch Athenagoras I

I expect baby steps similar to those taken with the Oriental Church. There are some serious sociological considerations ...

Posts 5285
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 3:43 PM

MJ. Smith:

fgh:

Sooner than some American churches cease to consider catholics pariahs - unfortunately based on prejudice rather than theological knowledge as they "play nicely" with others of very similar beliefs.[Evidence: response to the canon switch, lack of Catholic resources in Vyrso, lack of Catholic forum, separation (Verbum) from Orthodox, Anglican, Lutheran (Logos) ...

Raised in the Lutheran Church, now a member of Anglican Church. In general I identify much more with the RC church than evangelicals. I consider myself catholic, now there are a great many things in RC dogma I strongly disagree with but over all I hold much in common. The lack of a verbum forum makes no sense.

-Dan

Posts 10788
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 3:58 PM

I think the similarity of Vyrso and Verbum might cause confusion, if they had Catholic/Verbum resources in Vyrso. Plus if there were a Verbum forum, many non-Catholics might think it was Vyrso, with the results almost tragic.  Then there's the great similarity of protestent resources looking very similar to Catholic ... how could Protestent Logosians tell the difference?

But more seriously (a) it's kind of curious about Vyrso, no forum, etc and (b) I get several catalogs from Catholic publishing houses (it all started with LitPress), and I can attest they have some nice light reading books very similar to Vyrso.  Plus, Logos marketing could really pick up some good pointers from the Catholic catalog marketing techniques.  I always have to remind myself which label I need to get to heaven.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 4:10 PM

MJ. Smith:
or Pope Paul VI and Ecumenical Patriarch Athenagoras I

Aren't they already doing it? Well, sharing Communion at least. I don't know if there's any concelebrating in Heaven. (Any official teaching on that?)

If the 2025 meeting does indeed take place, we can always hope for 2054. Either that, or it should be commemorated as a day of penance. I even have a theoretical chance of living to see how it turns out.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 4:16 PM

MJ. Smith:
[Evidence: response to the canon switch, lack of Catholic resources in Vyrso, lack of Catholic forum, separation (Verbum) from Orthodox, Anglican, Lutheran (Logos) ...

Did you write that before of after you saw Brian's post in the Vyrso forum:

Thus far Bob has wanted to avoid putting Catholic books into Vyrso.

Pariah indeed. Why did I ever buy my first book in Logos? If I could turn back the clock, if I had known even 0.01% of what I now know about Logos back then, there is no way in hell I would have bought even a box of matches from this company.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 5285
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 4:32 PM

Denise:
But more seriously (a) it's kind of curious about Vyrso, no forum, etc

Vyrso and Noet each have their own forum. As for orthodoxy Noet users may well be atheist so someone thinking that Catholics are wrong seems in inappropriate unless a possible liberal arts atheist is considered better than a Catholic who loves Jesus but may disagree with you on 5% of doctrinal/dogmatic issues.

-Dan

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 4:40 PM

fgh:
Pariah indeed. Why did I ever buy my first book in Logos? If I could turn back the clock, if I had known even 0.01% of what I now know about Logos back then, there is no way in hell I would have bought even a box of matches from this company.

It must be Friday evening on the forums! Surprise

You got thousands of Catholic books, every level of base packages, your own brand name and website...... 

..and now you will throw everything away based on one post by Brian Williams. So rash.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2542
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 5:00 PM

fgh:

Pariah indeed. Why did I ever buy my first book in Logos? If I could turn back the clock

Thanks for being here.  You have helped a lot.  Including the other thread you referred me to.  Thanks.

Posts 2542
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 5:02 PM

Super.Tramp:

You got thousands of Catholic books, every level of base packages, your own brand name and website...... 

But no forum.  It is time for the people who have already bought those products to have a place to discus 'things'. 

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 5:05 PM

Super.Tramp:
website

I don't want a separate website. That's the whole point.

Super.Tramp:
based on one post by Brian Williams

Wherever did I say that? I said the exact opposite. I said that I've learnt so much about Logos that even 0.01% of it would have been enough to stop me from buying if I'd known it in time. I've regretted buying Logos for years. It's one of the worst decisions I've ever made.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 18863
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 5:12 PM

Super.Tramp:

..and now you will throw everything away based on one post by Brian Williams. So rash.

This sounds roughly like Donald Sterling's condescension: "'I support them and give them food, and clothes, and cars, and houses.' What more do they want? Do they actually want their black bros to be able to come to my basketball games and be photographed with my girlfriend? So rash. I've given them all they've got. Let them go back to cotton picking if they don't like it." (Highly paraphrased and interpreted, but the part in single quotes was an exact quote from him, and the essential sentiments were expressed in an [albeit illicit] recording.)

Posts 28760
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 5:38 PM

fgh:
Did you write that before of after you saw Brian's post in the Vyrso forum:

after

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS