Suggestion: Previous/Next Verse in Text Comparison Tool

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 506
Brian W. Davidson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 13 2014 3:11 PM

It would be really helpful to have up and down arrow buttons in the Text Comparison Tool that allow you to move to the next verse without having to type in the address of the next verse.

Posts 30536
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 3:22 PM

I needed this yesterday! Smile Yes

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2234
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 3:30 PM

that is why I always type a range of verses that I am looking at. a forward and backward button would be nice though.

Posts 9802
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 6:49 PM

Yes please!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 10889
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 4:24 AM

Superb suggestion

Posts 307
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2015 6:18 AM

Would be great! YES PLEASE!

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2015 9:27 AM

Completely agree!

Author of the Chronological Word Truth Life Bible Series

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 1401
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2015 9:41 AM

Brian W. Davidson:
It would be really helpful to have up and down arrow buttons in the Text Comparison Tool that allow you to move to the next verse

Yes because then you could still see the titles of the Bibles you are comparing while jumping to another verse.  And obviously this could also be achieved by just causing the row containing the titles to be fixed and not scroll with the text, as has been suggested before.

Logos 9  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 11 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posts 2642
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2015 11:09 AM

+1

Posts 110
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2015 11:32 AM

+1

Posts 179
Matthew Langlois | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2015 11:41 AM

+1

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2015 6:15 AM

+1

Posts 371
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2015 7:09 AM

Unless I am missing something here (that would not be a first) Why not open text comparison in a regular window, a bible in another window and link them together. As I click on the next verse in the bible, the text comparison moves to the next verse with it, and without having to type anything.

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2015 7:33 AM

Lonnie Spencer:

Unless I am missing something here (that would not be a first) Why not open text comparison in a regular window, a bible in another window and link them together. As I click on the next verse in the bible, the text comparison moves to the next verse with it, and without having to type anything.

This is actually what I do. But there are times when I'm reading through the Text Comparison window (Which I have in a floating window) and just want to go to the next scripture. In order to do that, I still have to type a new reference, or go back to the window with the Bible in it. I suppose I could dock the Tex Comparison Window next to the Bible, but I need more room than that for what I'm doing.

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 371
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2015 7:51 AM

I agree with you totally Cynthia where space is an issue. It would be nice to have tools, like the text comparison, work as stand alones rather then have to connect them to something else to give it movement functionality.

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2015 7:59 AM

Lonnie Spencer:

I agree with you totally Cynthia where space is an issue. It would be nice to have tools, like the text comparison, work as stand alones rather then have to connect them to something else to give it movement functionality.

Definitely! Especially because there are times when all I really want to use is the Text Comparison window. Good point. It should be a stand alone feature that works like the Bibles do.

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 35818
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 23 2020 1:05 AM

This request needs to be highlighted as I am working through the good, the bad, and the beautiful of the Text Comparison Tool.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS