Dear Logos I want to spend your money

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 35556
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 19 2014 1:59 PM

As I try to create appropriate layouts and workflows for Logos newbies using Logos Bible study "workbooks" or the methods described in particular hermeneutical books or for a devotional start to the Logos day, I keep finding a number of obstacles that require only small Logos tweaks to improve dramatically.

As you can capture only what we do not what we want to do from the cloud traffic, I suggest that you offer a free resource in exchange for a screen shot of a layout for a specified task along with a description of workflow,  what works well and what is an unhappy compromise. Examples of layouts you might ask for:

• morning devotional
  • participant in Bible study using a Logos "workbook"
  • participant in Bible study using a Logos "how to book"
  • preparing a Bible study on a set of lectionary readings
  • preaching a topical sermon
  • detailed study of a book of the Bible
  • academic paper on a particular pericope

Yes, the free resource (or choice of) would need to be valuable enough to get a variety of participants - lay, seminarians, academics and clergy; new and seasoned Logos users; cross-section denominationally ... but its still cheaper than setting up a lab and flying people to Bellingham.

Edit: P.S. You could even use the best practices in blogs.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 19 2014 2:07 PM

It's fun to spend other people's money MJ. I like your thinking. If Logos offered free resources in exchange for sample layouts I'm sure that they would receive a plethora of responses.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 19 2014 4:26 PM

MJ. Smith:

... I suggest that you offer a free resource in exchange for a screen shot of a layout for a specified task along with a description of workflow ...

Hmmm ...interesting.  .....

MJ. Smith:

... valuable enough .... 

...thinking ....  Hmm

Posts 1776
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 20 2014 5:58 AM

Yes

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 20 2014 6:45 AM

Bruce Dunning:
It's fun to spend other people's money

That's the philosophy of the US Congress and Executive Branch (President of cohorts) Crying

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS