BUG: BWS Expansion of Ring Goes off-screen

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 727
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 2 2010 12:58 PM

I performed a BWS, from a right click in the ESV, on "betrothed" in Matt. 1:18. Hovering or clicking on the ring for "When . . . had been betrothed" on μνηστευω results in multiple rings (one for each English word??) and they scroll off the screen to the right (I have a wide 17" laptop set at 1440X900). There is no way to see all the rings - the last one for "betrothed" was the one I was most interested in.

Screenshot:

Chris

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 1:40 PM

Chris Elford:
clicking on the ring for "When . . . had been betrothed"
Sorry if I am not understanding, but why are you doing a word search for the word "when".  Just click on the single word "betrothed" and then you wont have so many circles. Hmm

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 727
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 11:18 AM

Joe Miller:

Chris Elford:
clicking on the ring for "When . . . had been betrothed"
Sorry if I am not understanding, but why are you doing a word search for the word "when".  Just click on the single word "betrothed" and then you wont have so many circles. Hmm

Joe,

Here's the steps I peformed:

1. Right clicked on the English word "betrothed" in the passage
  2. Selected the lemma: μνηστευω.
  3. Selected BWS on the left.
  4. That produced the BWS on the Greek word which included the translation ring.
  5. Selected the part of the ring "When . . . had been betrothed." In other words, that's how μνηστευω is translated into English. I'm "clicking" on one greek word, but it is translated by several English words (participle in this instance) so it results in several "sub rings"  when you "pull out" that part of the ring.
  6. Hovered (all you can do there) over the segment of the ring and the popup goes off the screen.

It isn't me selecting "When . . ." it is the BWS. I wanted more info on "betrothed" but could not see it or scroll over to where that ring was.

I'd like such "multiple English word for one Greek word" to reformat into a vertical, scrollable popup so you can see all the info that is produced.

Hope that makes sense.

Chris

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 9:29 AM

Okay, that clears  it up.  I am not able to reproduce this since I am on the Mac Alpha and although we have the translation rings, I can't guarantee they function exactly the same since they are Alpha.  

Maybe someone with access to the Windows client can help trouble shoot this one.  

Again, sorry i can't be of more help.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 727
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:35 PM

Joe Miller:

Okay, that clears  it up.  I am not able to reproduce this since I am on the Mac Alpha and although we have the translation rings, I can't guarantee they function exactly the same since they are Alpha.  

Maybe someone with access to the Windows client can help trouble shoot this one.  

Again, sorry i can't be of more help.

That's okay, Joe. You keep helping those on Mac, I'll reply and see if this gets noticed by someone else.

Chris

Posts 584
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 5:33 PM

Chris Elford:
Hovering or clicking on the ring for "When . . . had been betrothed" on μνηστευω results in multiple rings (one for each English word??) and they scroll off the screen to the right (I have a wide 17" laptop set at 1440X900). There is no way to see all the rings - the last one for "betrothed" was the one I was most interested in.

Chris

Mine does the same thing yours is doing. However, I did notice that "when...had been betrothed" underneath the ring (not the label that's part of the ring) is clickable. You can click "betrothed" here to get the ring for betrothed.

πάντα εἰς δόξαν θεοῦ ποιεῖτε

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS