Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 32998
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 29 2014 3:23 PM

Content Pane appears on the Locator Bar rather than before it i.e. when one toggles the Locator Bar on and off the Content Pane is part of what is toggled.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9138
LogosEmployee

I don't understand what you're trying to report, sorry.

Are you talking about the "double right arrows"? Although those control the Contents Pane, they are on the Locator Bar and are visible when it's visible.

Posts 32998
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 29 2014 7:38 PM

Right - but Help puts them above the Locator Bar Heading rather than after.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 30 2014 6:22 AM

I can see how this could be confusing:

• If someone doesn't have the Locator Bar open, he would look in vain for "the double right arrows below the book cover". 
  • The Locator Bar isn't "next to the table of contents toggle button". The button is part of the Locator Bar.
  • There is no instruction how to toggle the Locator Bar. Both sections give the distinct impression that the Locator Bar and the TOC arrows are always visible.
  • You're using multiple names for the same things.

Suggestions:

• Move the Locator Bar section above the Contents Pane one.
  • Alter 1. under "Locator Bar" to something like "Below the Reference Box is the Locator Bar. It can be turned on and off in the Resource Panel Menu, or with <shortcut>."
  • Make the rest of 1. ("Click...") into a new 2., and renumber the present 2. to 3.
  • Change "Contents Pane" to "Table of Contents".
  • Alter the first sentence there to "With the Locator Bar open, click..."
  • Add a 3. "The table of contents can also be turned on and off in the Resource Panel Menu, or with <shortcut>."

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 9138
LogosEmployee

Thanks for the clarification; I understand now.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS