deniseBay: Investment Opportunity in Logos CP/Pre-Pub Purchasing

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 2 2014 7:59 PM

Yes, I already filed with the Securities Administration (or was that Social Security, I forget). And yes, I'm joking.

But Bob seemed to think with Logos' demise, there'd be a significant market in 'Logos'. I thought ... well gee, why wait for Logos' demise?

Why not buy up CP and PrePub rights, and then sell them off-market to later Logosians? I'm calling this deniseBay (yes, I'm joking again ... really).

Since I went to Business school, this seemed like a great business opportunity.  Look at the deals below.  These are some of my orders.  Notice what I'm committed to pay, and in red, the current Logos price. Keep in mind NONE of these are yet available.  So, I'm open to offers ALREADY (but not really).

This all started when I saw the current pre-pub for Antioch Bible!  Goodness gracious!  And those yummy early Bible translations!!

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1088
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 2 2014 8:49 PM

I've thought about Logos resources as an investment opportunity, but the market isn't particularly liquid, and you may have to wait a long time to realize gains.

That said, I think the returns could be fantastic. If you buy something at (for instance) 75% off, wait a while and sell it at 50% off normal price when there seems to be a market for it, you'd double your money.

Knowing the way things work out for me, Logos would kill the ability to transfer licenses after I built up a $20k inventory.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 2 2014 8:59 PM

You may remember...

...back in the good ol' days some people would buy up many copies for later resale. That was when you could get it on CDs and didn't have to mess with the transfer fees.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9802
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 5:17 AM

Denise:
This all started when I saw the current pre-pub for Antioch Bible!  

I had not seen that yet. Wow, that does take your breath away!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 6:41 AM

Maybe the Antioch publisher got nervous.  I wondered why it 'filled up' so quickly (I always try to hop on the bandwagon).

Now the major question.  Would Logos notice 10,000 new bidders all from Sedona.  Hmm.  I suppose a clue might be that's more than live in Sedona.  Logos Marketing might even want to send a rep up here for the massively expanding Logos market.  Dicey.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS