Imagine my surprise.....

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 9 2014 6:56 PM

I turned on Logos and saw this bogus message.

My Logos Messages

You’re currently using Logos 5’s free engine, which means you don’t yet have a Logos 5 base package! Without a base package, you’re missing out on what makes Logos 5 so powerful: its datasets. Several datasets are only available in Logos 5 base packages. They enhance your software and connect related information in smart, intuitive ways.

Um, sorry Logos, I paid a good deal of money for the Silver version and it wasn't free.

I think you've goofed.  I am certainly hopeful you do not see me as a free-loader.

Blessings,

Joshua in Rhode Island

Posts 4753
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 9 2014 7:04 PM

JoshInRI:

Blessings,

Joshua in Rhode Island

Are you sure that isn't Joshua in Free Ride Land???

Hmm

Posts 18643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 9 2014 7:17 PM

I would forward the message to Customer Service with a suggestion that they look into what might have gone wrong. Other people might also have received this erroneous message, and it might still be a bug in their customer email system that needs to be fixed or other people might also be annoyed by it.

Posts 4753
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 9 2014 7:44 PM

Rosie Perera:

I would forward the message to Customer Service with a suggestion that they look into what might have gone wrong. Other people might also have received this erroneous message, and it might still be a bug in their customer email system that needs to be fixed or other people might also be annoyed by it.

You know what, come to think of it, I believe I got a similar email, but just erased it. However, it did get me thinking and I realized that the message was coming to me through a different email account than the one through which my Logos account is set up. Could that be what's happening for you, Josh?

Posts 7943
LogosEmployee

Sorry about this mixup. Rest assured we "do not see [you] as a free-loader"; this appears to have been a mistake in automatically constructing a list of users who are running Logos 5 but have no base package.

I've notified people (both in Marketing and in Data Analytics) about the problem, so you don't need to contact Customer Service about it.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 9 2014 8:15 PM

David Paul:
I realized that the message was coming to me through a different email account than the one through which my Logos account is set up.

Same here.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 10 2014 8:36 AM

Thanks Bradley:

It was on my homepage in Logos even after I rebooted and did the most recent update.

Blessings,

Joshua

Posts 6219
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 10 2014 8:45 AM

JoshInRI:

I think you've goofed.  I am certainly hopeful you do not see me as a free-loader.

Maybe you goofed up by having another e-mail account.  I have another e-mail account that received the same message as you, so you might want to double check.  My actual Logos email account where all my resources and base package are registered did not get that message.

Plus, getting the free engine doesn't make you a freeloader!  You still got the engine for free, the only thing you paid for are the Silver features (i.e. data sets and resources).  You might want to check on the meaning of freeloader and you'll see it doesn't apply to you as a Silver owner or to those who only have the free engine and have added resources without getting the upgrade to, at least, the data sets (i.e. minimum cross-grade).  Here, check out the definition and you'll see it doesn't apply to you or anybody.  It would only apply if Logos gave you a free book, then you wanted a free base package and Logos out of generosity gave it to you for free, and then you took advantage of their generosity and wanted to add more resources for free and Logos actually gave them to you and then you kept asking for more just because you thought they were generous enough to give you a lot for free.  Anyway, enough said, here's the definition:

freeloader

■ noun informal a person who takes advantage of others’ generosity without giving anything in return.
—DERIVATIVES freeload verb

Soanes, C., & Stevenson, A. (2004). Concise Oxford English dictionary. Oxford: Oxford University Press.

free•load \-ˌlōd\ verb intransitive
circa 1934 : to impose upon another’s generosity or hospitality without sharing in the cost or responsibility involved : SPONGE — free•load•er noun

Merriam-Webster, I. (2003). Merriam-Webster’s collegiate dictionary. Springfield, MA: Merriam-Webster, Inc.

Now that you've learned the definition, do you still think you (a Silver owner) or others (free engine owners) are "freeloaders"? ah ha! I thought so. Wink

Blessings to you too!

DAL

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS