Visual Filters - automatic?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 58
Joseph Dillow | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 3 2010 11:02 AM

In Logos 3 if I did a basic search for, say, bible="Isa. 65:17" in my All Journals collection, each reference to Isa. 65:17 was highlighted not only in the list of hits, but in the actual journal when I clicked on it.

In Logos 4, if I do the same search <bible=Isa. 65:17> the visula filers appear in the list of hits but when I click on the journal article, it takes me to the the article but there are no references to Isa. 65:17 highlighted.

In looking at "creating a visual filter document," it appears that I have to create a separate document for every search if I want to get highlighting. Surely I do not have to go through all this, or do I?

Highlighting in the search target shojuld be automatic. Right?

What am I doing wrong?

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 11:08 AM

Joseph,

V4 works just like V3; here is what I got....

can you post a screen shot?

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 12:55 PM

When you do a basic search there are two places you can click in the results.

1) You can click on the Title of the Article and it will take you to the beginning of the article. It is likely that your reference to Isaiah will not be visible and thus it looks like no result is highlighted in the text.

2) You can click on the hit in the search results, it will open the resource directly to the search result and you will see that it is highlighted.

I clicked on #2 an this is what I get

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS