Multiple macs

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1567
Ben | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 3 2010 3:39 PM

My laptop screen suffered some damage on a flight, it's now 80% unusable. So, I have temporarily set up shop on my parents old iMac. They have a slow connection, and I'd like to avoid downloading multiple Gigs of data.

I've seen instructions for copying resources from one PC to another, and tried to adapt them for my Mac with no luck. Is there a thread I've overlooked?

THanks

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 3:57 PM

bummer deal dude. 

I have not tried, but I would assume the same procedure of doing PC to Mac is the same as Mac to Mac.

There are instructions on the wiki.

Good luck with the install and getting your Mac fixed! 

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 28
Brent Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 5:16 PM

Joe is correct, just follow the same procedure as on a PC. 

All of your resources are located in the /library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/<unique name on your mac>/ResourceManager/Resources

I copied all my resources from my PC to my Mac to avoid a redundant download of 3+ gigs.

Brent

Posts 1567
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 5:20 PM

Yeah, I tried that. I can see them all sitting there on the HD, and it's downloading away. Confused

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS