Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 2
John McDonald | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 19 2014 10:12 AM

So far I am really loving so many things about Proclaim - sharing from the cloud, remote control via mobile app, the fact that it can handle whatever video formats I throw it, the cross-platform support - so much there!

Here's some things, though, that I wish it did.  Maybe it does these things and I just haven't figured it out yet, but here's the list:

• I wish the title slide for the song was more detailed.  I'd love to have the album, artist and other information that can help the worshipper find and download the song if they like it when they hear us perform it in a service.
  • I wish I could put pictures/clip art on content slides, not just the background.  For example, I could create my own title slides for songs with the album cover artwork if I could put in the artwork.  This will seriously hinder some of the sermon slides I know our pastors will want to use without having the ability to mix text and pictures.
  • I wish the canned slides talking about downloading the app had "signals" that would beam the URL of the app to the "listeners".  I know that's a catch-22 (how can you get the signal without the app) but it would help neighbors sitting in the audience share it with those around them.
  • For that matter, I wish the app was better.  What I had envisioned was things popping up on their screens, not a scrollable list of of beamed items - not very engaging.
  • I wish the ENTIRE presentation could be themed at once.  I'd love to be able to build the content and apply a theme (ala PowerPoint) to the whole thing to give it visual cohesion
  • I'd love to be able to edit and create my own themes
  • Though the media browser is much improved in this release, I wish my own media had a better organization system.  As I build a library of song lyrics that I have adjusted, a single scrolling list of all past slide groups is going to be tough to manage.
  • I wish there were a way to store repeatable liturgy items for quick reuse (the Lords Prayer, creeds, etc.)
  • I wish there was a way to take money donations live through the app and Proclaim
  • The slide transitions need some work - the side and vertical scroll-in transitions need to be able to move in/out from both directions, not just down to up or left to right - it's actually the reverse of what you'd intuitively want (people scroll the opposite way when they read) - and you can't change it.
  • I wish the on-screen Bible had more than 3 theming choices, and that any of them matched any of the other themes.
  • I wish there was direct integration with uStream or LiveStream or some streaming service.

That's it for now.  Don't take my list to be somehow a gripe - I love it - just trying to see if there are some improvements we could make!

Posts 68
Aaron Linne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 22 2014 10:23 AM

John -

Thanks so much for the feedback. It's always great to get ideas from our users, especially from fresh eyes.

One note to add, you can take donations. On any slide go to the Signals tab, click "Add Signal," and  choose "Donation Request." We currently support Proclaim. Are there any other services that you'd like to see us connect to?

Thanks!

- Aa 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS