Audiobooks: Discount if we already have the text?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2983
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 22 2014 8:22 PM

I am super excited about the audiobooks. 

Many of the packages come with audiobook + text bundles. IS there any chance for a discount when I already own the book in Logos (like many of the Piper books, Cross of Christ, or Religious Affections)? Ironically I already own the christianaudio version too but am wanting them to sync

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 1962
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 22 2014 8:35 PM

Free would be the keyword instead of discount. Specially for Logos' kickstart

Cool

Remember this Logos? (never pay the same book twice) ?? <--- this sentence is so ambiguous that Logos breaks his own rules.

I say if you own the book, give the audio for free.. at least to boost your whatever sales-pitch.

Posts 9566
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 23 2014 3:43 AM

Jacob Hantla:
IS there any chance for a discount when I already own the book in Logos (like many of the Piper books, Cross of Christ, or Religious Affections)?

I was wondering the same thing.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 23 2014 4:06 AM

mike:

Free would be the keyword instead of discount. Specially for Logos' kickstart

Cool

Remember this Logos? (never pay the same book twice) ?? <--- this sentence is so ambiguous that Logos breaks his own rules.

I say if you own the book, give the audio for free.. at least to boost your whatever sales-pitch.

Woah, hold on a moment.

Whilst I would obviously appreciate a discount if I already own the book, expecting a free audio version is hardly reasonable. That would certainly be beyond the call of duty.

And as to paying for the same book twice, Logos' policy has (nearly) always been that dynamic pricing doesn't apply during the already discounted pre-pub stage. Whilst I'd like them to make an exception in this case, they've not (yet) broken any 'rules' with these audiobooks.

Posts 1717
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 23 2014 10:59 AM

Unfortunately the publishing industry generally considers the print and audio editions to be separate products; they are usually licensed separately, and sometimes the rights are even held by different companies.

When we can, we'll try to offer bundles of the two products together at an effective discount; but when sold separately, we're not yet able to credit the purchase of one product (e-text) towards the purchase of the separate audio product.

Sorry!

-- Bob

Posts 462
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 23 2014 12:05 PM

The answers here, including Bob's, have largely missed the question I think. We aren't asking if we can get the audio book for free if we already own the Logos book.

Here's the real question: If I own a Logos book (e.g. Orthodoxy) and Logos is now selling that same book packaged with an audio book (e.g. Orthodoxy + Audio book) can I get the audio book without paying for the package of the two?

In other words, if I already own the ebook can I buy the audio book without paying for the bundled ebook as well?

Posts 11707
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 23 2014 4:08 PM

Dave Moser:
In other words, if I already own the ebook can I buy the audio book without paying for the bundled ebook as well?

Especially when looking at the prices. The text version of Stott's "Cross of Christ" which I already own is $22, the text plus audio is $25 (discounted). Lucky guys who don't own it before (then go buy it, by all means), but I don't plan to fork out the $25 for the audio without some kind of dynamical pricing. I don't want it for free, but realistically the text is worth more in the Logos universe. An added audio / dynamic price of $10 or less seems realistic for me and in line with the audio-only resources.  

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 2112
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 23 2014 11:07 PM

Dave Moser:

The answers here, including Bob's, have largely missed the question I think. We aren't asking if we can get the audio book for free if we already own the Logos book.

Here's the real question: If I own a Logos book (e.g. Orthodoxy) and Logos is now selling that same book packaged with an audio book (e.g. Orthodoxy + Audio book) can I get the audio book without paying for the package of the two?

Yes. We'll be making the currently bundled audio books available for purchase separate from the text. Sorry for the delay on this.

We're also looking into whether we can offer a discount on the Logos audio book to people who already who the Christian Audio MP3 version of an audio book.

Posts 2983
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 24 2014 10:53 AM

Phil Gons:

Dave Moser:

Yes. We'll be making the currently bundled audio books available for purchase separate from the text. Sorry for the delay on this.

We're also looking into whether we can offer a discount on the Logos audio book to people who already who the Christian Audio MP3 version of an audio book.

Thanks, Phil. I will hold off on ordering the prepubs until I see separate audio. I'm not trying to get anything free, just don't want to pay for the same Logos book twice primarily. (a discount if I've already bought the ChristianAudio book--I have dozens--would be nice).

I am very very very very very happy about the direction you guys are going with audio books here. It is so nice to follow along with professional narration. It helps so much with my comprehension, retention, and diligence in reading. 

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 24 2014 12:10 PM

Makes me wonder if there will be a read-along karaoke-style feature when book and audio are both present.

If so, then the integration itself is added value...

Posts 593
Drew Hannay | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 24 2014 1:06 PM

Lee:

Makes me wonder if there will be a read-along karaoke-style feature when book and audio are both present.

If so, then the integration itself is added value...

Check out our current audio LEB and audio ESV resources...if I understand your question correctly, then yes, it already works as a "karaoke-style" read-along.

Posts 2983
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 14 2014 7:54 AM

Any update on the unbundling of the audio and text? There are quite a few "audio with text" titles that I want, but I already own the book within Logos. 

Also, if we own the text of a book that is offered as an audio book will it be karaoke style? Or is Karaoke style only offered on the ones that say "(With audio)"?

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS