Ideas please

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 139
Rich | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 8 2014 4:45 AM

Any suggestion on how to do a Bible search, "who saves?" Thanks everyone.

Rich

Doer of Things

Logos 7 Bronze

13" MBA 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 RAM, 512 SSD

27" iMAC 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 RAM, 1TB SATA Disk

iPad Air 2, iPhone 6

Posts 1059
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 8 2014 5:08 AM

My suggestion would be to do a topic search on "salvation" from the Home Page. From there you'll get some places to start:

1. The Topic Guide will give you links to your dictionaries and encyclopedias (which will lead you to Bible verses). It will also give you some related verses in one of the panes.

2. The Bible Word Study guide will point out where every use of the various hebrew and greek lemmas are found in the Bible. I would take this a step further and click on the lemmas themselves to open other Bible Word Study panes (e.g. on σωτηρία).

Then you'll have to look at each sentence and see who the subject(s) and object(s) are. Other than reading through a book on salvation in your library, I think this is probably the best way to approach it biblically.

Posts 25294
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 8 2014 10:54 PM

Rich:
Any suggestion on how to do a Bible search, "who saves?" Thanks everyone.

Topically, that is Salvation as suggested above.

As a strict Bible Search you need to use "who saves" (with quotes) which will find all occurrences of that phrase.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3711
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 8 2014 11:25 PM

Hi Rich, it would help if you gave more details as to what exactly you are seeking to find. For instance, are you looking at doing a comprehensive search that would include persons saving other persons (rescuing)? Do you mean salvation only in a "spiritual" sense? More details will help give you better pointers.

Posts 139
Rich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 9 2014 7:25 AM

Thanks for the help everyone. The topic search on "salvation" gave me what I was looking for.

Doer of Things

Logos 7 Bronze

13" MBA 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 RAM, 512 SSD

27" iMAC 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 RAM, 1TB SATA Disk

iPad Air 2, iPhone 6

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS