Text Comparison Problems

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2353
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 8 2014 12:51 PM

I am having problems getting the text comparison to show all the bibles I want it to.  Even though I type the Bibles in the box and select the appropriate Bible from the drop down menu, I still cannot get it to display the NIV 84 and 2011.

Posts 1054
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 8 2014 1:02 PM

I recall having a similar problem at one point. I renamed my NIV84 short title to "NIV" and made the 2011 NIV "NIV11". But no matter what the short names are, you ought to be able to get both by making sure "NIV,NIV84" are both in your list.

Posts 26999
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 8 2014 1:37 PM

I usually give up and make a collection of the Bibles I want and select the collection.

If I recall correctly one has to hit enter twice to get the selection to take ... I know there's a thread where we finally figured out how it works.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2353
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 8 2014 2:17 PM

Sounds like a bug.  I think I'll go the collection route.

Thanks.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 8 2014 10:08 PM

Ronald Quick:
Even though I type the Bibles in the box and select the appropriate Bible from the drop down menu, I still cannot get it to display the NIV 84 and 2011.

Personally have prefixed Bible with Year so can enter year followed by arrow keys to Bible and press enter to add to Text Comparison list:

Collection is easier to select:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 9 2014 11:20 AM

Ronald Quick:
Sounds like a bug.  I think I'll go the collection route.

I had the same problem this week with different Bibles ended up creating a collection.

Think you are right about this being a bug.

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS