Synchronising highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Clive Garrett | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 11 2014 1:29 AM

Hi Folks, 

I recently lost new Android Phone and have replaced it with a Galaxy Note 3. I have Logos 5 set up both on my PC [Windows 7] and on my phone. In the past the highlights from one automatically got transferred to th other. However, when I downloaded the Logos 5 app onto my new device and then downloaded the current book I was reading, the highlights from my computer were not transferred to the Galaxy Note 3> Is there osmethign i need to do to get this to happen? I can't seem to find a setting that will work on this. 

Huge thanks in anticipation,

Clive Garrett

Posts 25770
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 11 2014 2:05 AM

Hi Clive - and welcome to the forums

Clive Garrett:
I have Logos 5 set up both on my PC [Windows 7] and on my phone

Technically you don't have Logos 5 on your phone. That is just for the desktop / laptop environment. The app for the mobile platforms is different code with a different (reduced) set of functionality. This doesn't affect the question you are asking here but just trying to avoid confusion!

Clive Garrett:
Is there osmethign i need to do to get this to happen?

This should happen automatically assuming you are using the same username / password to access Logos on both devices

Clive Garrett:
I can't seem to find a setting that will work on this

And I'm not aware of any setting which would affect this.

If you go to the Tools menu and select Highlights do you get the Highlights listed there?

Graham 

Posts 6
Clive Garrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 11 2014 2:42 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, 

I have just done a new highlight on the Android device and it synced automatically with Logs 5 on my PC. However, the highlights i have made previously [In NT Wright Paul adn the Faithfulness of God up to page 660] have not downloaded. some from other books have but it is all rather patchy and random. Confused!

Posts 25770
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 11 2014 2:56 AM

Clive Garrett:
some from other books have but it is all rather patchy and random. Confused!

Sometimes it does take a little time for highlights to be synced to new devices - how long have you had the app installed on the Note?

Posts 6
Clive Garrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 11 2014 3:38 AM

Hi Graham, 

once again thanks - the app has been installed since last Wednesday

Posts 30484
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 11 2014 4:12 AM

Clive Garrett:

Hi Graham, 

once again thanks - the app has been installed since last Wednesday

How large is the note file? Pretend to print it from within L5. It may just be that you haven't allowed all the note files to fully download. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 25770
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 11 2014 4:19 AM

Hi Clive

Clive Garrett:
the app has been installed since last Wednesday

Alabama's question - size of notes document - is a good one but I would have thought that nearly a week would have been long enough.

I'm running out if ideas here, may need to see if someone from Logos can comment. I'll crosspost in the Android forum and hope that one of the mobile team will pick it up there.

Graham 

EDIT: Cross-posted at http://community.logos.com/forums/t/87800.aspx 

Posts 593
Drew Hannay | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 11 2014 8:41 AM

Hey Clive, a couple questions for you:

1. Do the missing highlights show up if you visit documents.logos.com?
  2. Do the missing highlights show up in the "Highlights Tool" inside the Android app?
  3. Can you send me your support log information? (use the "Send Support Info" button on the "Help" screen in the Android app) Add drew DOT hannay AT logos DOT com to the list of recipients on the support email
Posts 30484
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 11 2014 9:58 AM

Graham Criddle:
Alabama's question - size of notes document - is a good one but I would have thought that nearly a week would have been long enough.

...Not long enough if the app isn't open long enough to download the file! 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 25770
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 11 2014 10:18 AM

alabama24:
...Not long enough if the app isn't open long enough to download the file! 

Now that's a fair point!

Posts 593
Drew Hannay | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 11 2014 12:12 PM

It sounds like this is a problem with the desktop app, especially since your highlights aren't appearing on documents.logos.com. There are no errors on the Android side of things. I've passed this thread on to the sync team.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS