Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Nathan Tasker | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 12 2014 8:52 PM

I copied the code and placed it, as instructed, in the HTML of my blog, just before </body>.  However, it still doesn't seem to work, even when I save it and check the site from a different computer.  

Any ideas?  Here's a screenshot of the HTML.  Thanks for any help!

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 12 2014 9:01 PM

Your code appears to be correct, but RefTagger is currently experiencing degraded performance.

Is RefTagger failing to tag verses entirely, or are you experiencing a failure to load tooltips on hover?

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 3
Nathan Tasker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 12 2014 9:19 PM

Thanks for your reply. RedTagger isn't tagging anything right now. None of the verse references are hyperlinked or anything Of that sort.

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 12 2014 10:13 PM

Even in the current situation, I would expect verse references to be tagged.

Can you check a couple of things for me?

Make sure that the script you inserted is actually showing up on pages that Blogger generates. (you can do this by right-clicking on the page and selecting "View source")

Open up the developer tools for your browser (the mechanism varies by browser; in Chrome, you can right-click on any element and select "Inspect Element", and switch to the Javascript console. Check for any errors related to reftagger.com, and if you find any report them here.

If the script is present and there are no errors in the log, make sure that the format of the references is one that is supported by Biblia. You can do so by posting one of your Bible references to this forum (which also uses RefTagger).

Alternatively, post a link to your blog, and I'll go take a look at it.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 3
Nathan Tasker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 2:45 PM

I checked for the script, and it does appear, but there are a number of other scripts between it and </body> (namely widgets and such).  I'm not sure if that's an issue or not.  Also, I found no errors related to RefTagger.

Here's a link to the blog, if you want to take a look: http://notjustateen.blogspot.com/

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 3:05 PM

It looks like the issue is that you're using a template that fetches most of its content dynamically. It's not tagging anything because at the point that the primary script runs, your content hasn't been pulled down.

The easiest solution to this issue is simply to switch to a static template. However, if you're feeling more adventurous, you could try tweaking your template so that it calls `refTagger.tag` after new content is loaded—I did this manually from the Javascript console, and it worked just fine, although it looks like you've got some pretty aggressive CSS rules that break the styling of the tooltips.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS