New User: Citation feature does not seem to be working. Logos 5 - Windows 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Randy Baker | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 17 2014 5:04 PM

I may be misunderstanding something as I have less than an hour of experience using Logos 5.

I have successfully cut & pasted text a few times within Logos to MS/Word, with the citations appearing as MLA footnotes as I configured in Program Settings.

I did a search for English Bible Versions and I was pleasantly surprised that the result was a timeline chart of when the various English Translations were initially started and/or published.  When the graphic is copied & pasted into MS/Word, no citation appears.  I suspect is a graphic within the Logos product, compiled by the Logos Research Team.

I checked the upper left corner of the resource window and could not find an index (>>) or a suitable resource identifier other than the variations using Ctrl-Alt-C.

[[English Bible Versions >> logosres:$7Ba664ea2d-d387-40fc-9c2d-d8967e5b1e88$7D;art=0]]

How does one properly cite such material from Logos 5?

Thank you

Randy

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 17 2014 6:45 PM

Hi Randy. Welcome to the forums.

The resource you mention is a converted Tool from the older Libronix software.  When Logos introduced Logos4, they 'resourced it' and assigned a date Oct 20 2009.  So you'd probably do best to look at a Lexham citing and the change the title and date to match the English Bible Versions. Publisher would then be Logos Bible Software.

Others may be better advice!

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS