SUGGESTION: Sort mytags

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33457
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 22 2014 10:55 PM

I'm trying to get my library in shape for a demonstration. I would find it much easier if I had the option to sort mytags.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3166
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 11:30 AM

MJ. Smith:
I'm trying to get my library in shape for a demonstration. I would find it much easier if I had the option to sort mytags.

Sort alphabetically? (I'm sure you're aware that it does this A-Z and Z-A). Sort numerically? (Again, I'm sure you're aware that it does this). It does not sort by size or by rating that I'm aware. Maybe you mean move them around within the sort grid. how this would be useful I'm puzzled though. So when you say sort, what do you mean?

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 12:11 PM

Sort without rollups?  It's kind of amusing (Ok, so I'm easily amused.)  If you 'sort' on the MyTag column, you get the rollups. So far so good.  Then if you right-click the column to 'Expand all' you get the sorted titles by MyTags.  Probably not what MJ is seeking?

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 33457
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 12:14 PM

Stupud stupud websight... it done crashed and ate my post.

Thanks for asking Beloved. I was too brief. I want to sort the tags themselves and have them saved in sorted order. As it is, if I add a to a single resource the tag is placed at the end; if I add to a group of resources the tag is placed at the beginning. The result is chaos making it difficult to spot missing tags.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 12:24 PM

I too would appreciate if the tags always appeared in the same order, and if I could choose that order myself.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 9629
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 12:25 PM

fgh:

I too would appreciate if the tags always appeared in the same order, and if I could choose that order myself.

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3166
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 12:55 PM

I tend to keep my tags to a minimum. One thing I absolutely hate is that you cannot edit your tags without completely deleting it. If I recall correctly this is a recently added "improvement." I too would like to control the order in which they appear.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 33457
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 1:28 PM

Beloved:
you cannot edit your tags without completely deleting it

Yes you can, that was temporary.

Posts 3166
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 1:33 PM

Thanks for that MJ. My hair is beginning to grow backSmile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS