The $ value of the mobile apps to Logos

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 23 2014 10:29 AM

I wanted the folks at Logos to know that many of my recent purchases were motivated largely by knowing I could read these resources on my iPad. Without having access to at least the reading, highlighting, and note-taking ability this app gives me I probably would not have spent the money.

So if Logos wonders if their mobile apps generate any revenue, may I say that from my experience that they do. They are not just another way to use what I already own. They help motivate me to make the decision to buy.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 149
Benjamin Varghese | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 10:32 AM

Yes

Posts 2250
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 10:47 AM

Well said Mark.  I buy because of the ability to read on the go on the mobile app.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 10:55 AM

Yes

Speaking of mobile apps I just want to pass on what a big difference an anti-glare screen protector has made on my iPad. Does take away for the brilliance of the color, but I rarely use my Kindle anymore. Eye strain is a thing of the past! Just thought I would pass this along, as some people are concerned that the Logos apps don't run on e-ink devices.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 11:07 AM

I'm wondering what precipitated this thread?  Normally, it'd be internal corporate chit-chat that the apps don't pay.  At least that's the common theme among the companies I've dealt with (ditto the question of various types of advertising).

But surely the new money-changing tables next to the gorgeous retina shopping cart will help out.  Or is that the reason?

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 9842
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 11:54 AM

Mark Smith:
I wanted the folks at Logos to know that many of my recent purchases were motivated largely by knowing I could read these resources on my iPad.

The same is true for me. Being able to read on my ipad mini is amazing.

Since we are talking about easy reading what enhanced my ipad mini even more was an amazing case. I would highly recommend this one -

http://www.zerochroma.com/product/vario-sc-mini StarStarStar

It is a combination case and stand that works in many positions. Even the ipad mini is heavy enough that holding it for long periods of time is a pain. I use mine with Apple's Smart Cover.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 13
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 2:58 PM

Agreed.  Access via mobile apps is an imperative.

Posts 3577
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 3:38 PM

Mark Smith:

I wanted the folks at Logos to know that many of my recent purchases were motivated largely by knowing I could read these resources on my iPad. Without having access to at least the reading, highlighting, and note-taking ability this app gives me I probably would not have spent the money.

So if Logos wonders if their mobile apps generate any revenue, may I say that from my experience that they do. They are not just another way to use what I already own. They help motivate me to make the decision to buy.

I wholeheartedly agree. However, as you are perhaps well aware not all resources are created equal. Where some work with your mobile device others do not. This is a source of angst for me.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 4:25 PM

Beloved:
Where some work with your mobile device others do not. This is a source of angst for me.

Definitely, and I'd love to see improvements to the app itself to bring in other features of the desktop program.

However, for reading I certainly prefer the Logos app even as is, and that's what is often now influencing my spending on additional Logos resources.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 4:34 PM

Mark Smith:
Definitely, and I'd love to see improvements to the app itself to bring in other features of the desktop program.
For some the trick is Logos conforming to the existing technology. For others it is new technology better conforming to Logos. I was stubborn, and waited til ultra-portable tablet/phones were available with Windows 8. Now we can have the full desktop app on tablets. The platform has not fully evolved, But I find it preferable to  "stripped down apps." Smile

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 5:46 PM

Paul, that is definitely an option now. I do need a pretty tricked out laptop for other programs so will probably be a two device user for the foreseeable future. Those who carry smart phones will also want a robust mobile app. That said, reading is my main activity on the Logos app. but not my only one.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 6:09 PM

Mark Smith:
so will probably be a two device user for the foreseeable future.
I concur. I maintain a Lenovo x220t convertible tablet/laptop. It has i7, 160 ssd and 8g ram. (expandable to 16g) It is somewhat portable at under 4 lbs. The Dell venue 8 pro is the pocket portable I prefer (at about 3/4 lb.) The new Atom processor allows 2g ram to function quite snappily. 

It just works best for me that they both run the same app.

Posts 681
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 6:36 PM

Every time we use Logos we are logged in. Logos probably keeps stats. Mobile users probably account for over 50% of use. It might be close to 70%.

Posts 1
J.P Goulet | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 6:41 PM

Yes

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 6:43 PM

That's one of the beauties of the desktop app on a tablet/phone. You have access to your library off-line. ...And no data fees.

Posts 3577
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 6:45 PM

Mark Smith:
reading is my main activity on the Logos app.

I read a ton, so my Kindle Fire HD is my constant companion when I'm on the go. I start my day with prayer and devotions which is on my Kindle, the devotional is not a Logos resource. I'm reading Boice Philippians on my Kindle and also a secular history book on the MLK years. When I get home from work I'm usually doing alot of searching against bible reading on my Dell laptop it can be slow but it gets me there. 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 452
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 9:28 PM

I agree with the value of the mobile apps. They make Logos purchases reasonable options for me. If they added an "export-to-Kindle" feature, then the Logos format would be a no-brainer. As it is I still sometimes buy books from Amazon.

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 24 2014 4:22 AM

Mitchell:
If they added an "export-to-Kindle" feature, then the Logos format would be a no-brainer. As it is I still sometimes buy books from Amazon.

For me, I'd like a Kindle "export to Logos" feature. ;)

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 24 2014 4:55 AM

Logos could simply be extended to read other e-book formats like kindle etc. They would be similar to vyrso books, no tagging etc.

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 24 2014 7:23 AM

Mark Smith:
reading is my main activity on the Logos app. but not my only one.

Yes I find that I use the web apps and the mobile apps almost exclusively for Logos. At this time I won't buy a book or resource that isn't available on mobile. 

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS