Metadate bug: Logos I just want my collections to work

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33421
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 24 2014 6:02 PM

I have a collection of English Bibles which I use for my broadest Text Comparison. However, Latin doesn't match English very well ... so why are Latin transcriptions given the language of English? Yes, I know I can subtract it out but sometimes I just want things to work so I can get on with my work.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

(type:Bible ANDNOT type:"Bible Notes") should be unnecessary; just use "type:Bible". (If you do find a difference, please let us know.)

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 10:15 AM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
(type:Bible ANDNOT type:"Bible Notes") should be unnecessary; just use "type:Bible".

Agreed, but that won't remove the ones with the wrong language metadata:

These don't look like they belong in an English Bible collection.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 33421
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 12:40 PM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
(type:Bible ANDNOT type:"Bible Notes") should be unnecessary; just use "type:Bible"

Agreed. It's a habit I've developed from the way I use mytags ... but it is misleading to use such sloppiness on the forums.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 27036
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 4:59 PM

MJ. Smith:
. However, Latin doesn't match English very well ... so why are Latin transcriptions given the language of English?

Report it via the metadata correction wiki.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3190
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 26 2014 11:58 AM

Some of these resources marked as English Bibles are wrong. Hopefully as they are recycled they will be fixed, but the process is not without cost. Setting resources as English is default setting. This means, in the case of a text with Latin, the Latin is contained within tags and the English isn't marked. Reversing this is tricky. 

Posts 27036
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 26 2014 12:07 PM

Tommy Ball:
This means, in the case of a text with Latin, the Latin is contained within tags and the English isn't marked. Reversing this is tricky. 

Then it would be a miracle for a Greek-English lexicon to be tagged English!? OR it's a race between multiple non-English language tags...

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS