Collection rules for sorting commentaries (updated for Logos 8 Base Packages)

Page 9 of 14 (266 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last »
This post has 265 Replies | 37 Followers

Posts 21716
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 2:02 PM

Mark Barnes:
I've now updated all the rules in the first post to include all the commentaries included in all the Logos 8 base packages.

Thanks Mark

Appreciate your work on this, Graham

Posts 77
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 2:16 PM

Thanks a lot Mark!

Posts 8849
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 2:30 PM

Much appreciated Mark. Thanks for all your work on this.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 292
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 2:44 PM

Yes, thanks indeed, Mark!

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 2:47 PM

Charlene:
Yes, thanks indeed, Mark!

Yes

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3167
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 3:45 PM

Thank you, Mark!

Posts 1056
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 3:53 PM

Graham Criddle:

Mark Barnes:
I've now updated all the rules in the first post to include all the commentaries included in all the Logos 8 base packages.

Thanks Mark

Appreciate your work on this  

As do I.  I can’t tell you how many times I have benefited from your work here. Thank you so much. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 2034
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 4:30 PM

Thanks a lot.  Much appreciated! 

Posts 2034
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 5:02 PM

I am unable to copy and paste the entirety of the massive Historical Commentaries (1750-1950) rules into the the collection.  The beginning seems to be truncated.  Odd?

Posts 716
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 5:50 PM

Thank you so much, Mark.

I noticed that you use MyTag. I assume that this means that unless I also tag resources the way you did, these collections have some limitations. Is this correct?

Posts 3114
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 6:31 PM

Mark

The study guide rule isn't picking up the Life Guides for me... anyone else?

Posts 535
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 8:50 PM

Mark,

I notice you referring us to the first post in this thread which has been updated. My question: Have the collection rules in the Faithlife Community Group also been updated? In other words, do i want to use those from following the group and clicking on copy, or do i need to copy and paste from the first post in this thread?

John

Posts 21716
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 12:33 AM

Mattillo:

I've noticed that many of these are tagged as Monograph which would explain what you are seeing (and I think is wrong)

Do you get results in Deuteronomy - which is tagged as a Bible Commentary?

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 12:37 AM

Armin:

Thank you so much, Mark.

I noticed that you use MyTag. I assume that this means that unless I also tag resources the way you did, these collections have some limitations. Is this correct?

Commentaries not in a series are not included. I try to pick some of these up by author, but that’s not always possible.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 12:39 AM

John Kaess:

Mark,

I notice you referring us to the first post in this thread which has been updated. My question: Have the collection rules in the Faithlife Community Group also been updated? In other words, do i want to use those from following the group and clicking on copy, or do i need to copy and paste from the first post in this thread?

John

I’m not responsible for administering the Community Group. I think you should assume the group has NOT been updated until the administrator says they’ve done it.

Posts 3114
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 3:11 AM

Graham Criddle:

Mattillo:

I've noticed that many of these are tagged as Monograph which would explain what you are seeing (and I think is wrong)

Do you get results in Deuteronomy - which is tagged as a Bible Commentary?

Yeah I noticed that too. Deut. Did not show up for me either but I don't think I have that volume. L8 gold.  I fixed this by moving the mytag portion outside the commentary rule and then just tagged them manually

Posts 223
David Owh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 4:03 AM

Thank you Mark!Yes

Logos 8 Win 10

Posts 979
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 4:09 AM

Myke Harbuck:

Graham Criddle:

Mark Barnes:

Thanks Mark

Appreciate your work on this  

As do I.  I can’t tell you how many times I have benefited from your work here. Thank you so much. 

Same. I have these collections set up in Passage Guide which I use all the time in preparing sermons. So useful! Thanks Mark.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 10:39 AM

GaoLu:

I am unable to copy and paste the entirety of the massive Historical Commentaries (1750-1950) rules into the the collection.  The beginning seems to be truncated.  Odd?

When editing the existing rule, press CTRL+A to select the whole rule, then paste the new rule in its place.

Posts 2061
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 9:29 PM

It looks like shared collections can now be accessed from within Logos pretty easily through Docs/Public. And collections can fairly easily be shared/updated from documents.logos.com (preferably with unique prefix, eg "Barnes: Commentaries - Historical (Antiquity)"). Not sure how updating works for users or how much burden that might be to you compared to updating here. Not sure if it's practical or advantageous over what's already available or not... 

Barnes: Commentaries - Historical (Reformation)
Page 9 of 14 (266 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS