Passage List of an Entire Book

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13
Paul Thompson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 8 2014 9:16 AM

I'm attempting to make a Passage List of an Entire Book (The Divine Covenants by A W Pink). It is a 307 page book. When I select the entire book then use the add selected text option in to passage list I only get 45 references. Doews anyone know how to accomplish this? Thanks

Posts 4165
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 9:37 AM

Takes a minute for it to search, but this is the only way I know to do this.

Perhaps others can advise you better.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 25766
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 10:24 AM

Hi Paul - and welcome to the forums

Paul Thompson:
When I select the entire book then use the add selected text option in to passage list I only get 45 references

I think the problem is in trying to select the entire book - I have just  tried it and it ended up just selecting the last chapter which then returns the 45 references in that chapter.

abondservant:

Takes a minute for it to search, but this is the only way I know to do this.

This looks like good advice to meYes

Graham

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 10:25 AM

Select "Print", open as much of the book as you can, select "copy to clipboard", then in the passage list select "From ClipBoard"

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 10:32 AM

Works using the beta. I don't have a stable version to test on at the moment. I clicked at the top of the book, grabbed the scroll box and drug it to end, then shift click at the end to select the entire text. I then used the Add.... Selected Text. 93 Passages added. Again, this is on beta and not tested on stable.

Posts 25766
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 10:36 AM

Randy W. Sims:
I clicked at the top of the book, grabbed the scroll box and drug it to end, then shift click at the end to select the entire text.

I've never managed to do that - I always lose some portion of the text

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 10:48 AM

Nevermind! You're right, Graham. I didn't notice that it only selected the last part of the book. Strange behavior. There does not seem to be any way to select an entire book. Maybe it's limiting it so that there is never more that the equivalent of 100 printed pages selected? But that doesn't seem quite right either from the behavior...

EDIT: Selection is just buggy. Was able to drag and select entire book after several tries where it sporadically loses part of selection. 1105 Passages added to passage guide. Selecting the entire text this way is slow and unreliable.

Posts 25766
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 11:19 AM

Randy W. Sims:
1105 Passages added to passage guide.

abondservant's count above was 1,719 (and I've just got the same) so it is still possible you have missed some or - in some way - these two methods are producing different results.

Randy W. Sims:
Selecting the entire text this way is slow and unreliable.

Seems like a fair statementSmile

I'm not at all sure that it's supposed to work - may be related to the 100-page limit for Print/Export as well but that's speculation.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS