Making use of the VOD images in the pre-service video

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 838
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 8 2014 12:37 PM

Wouldn't it be nice to use the VOD images in the pre-service video presentation, staying with the theme of the music and message for that week? But with -700+ images to go through, it takes too long. Well here is what I have done. And I am hoping I haven't broken any rules in doing this. I display the copyright with the image giving credit where it is due.

First I download all of the pictures from the Wiki page into a folder where I will access them later.

Then I save the Wiki page as a text file to the same location.

Import all of photos into Propresenter folder, browsing to the above location.

Go into Logos and create a new Passage List and import the text file that you created. The file naming system used by Logos matches the verse parsing system in Logos.

Create a Bible Search, limited to the Passage List I just created.

Do a search using words, phrases, or LN numbers (not sure if you can search for Bible Sense) pertaining to the message and music topic. I now have a list of verses to which I have the matching VOD images.

Go into Propresenter and filter the images by book (jn=John, etc...)

Drag the slides into the presentation.

Add music, timing, etc... to customize to your liking.

You can search Song Select by theme to get ideas on music that goes along with it. Try not to use music that will be used in the worship service without checking with the leader first.

Hope this helps others.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 885
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 1:53 PM

Beautiful application of this (equally) beautiful resource!

"I read dead people..."

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS