New Mobile Ed Mix-n-Match Sale!

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 141
Jonathan Watson | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 10 2014 7:59 PM

We're pleased to announce the Mobile Ed Mix-n-Match sale, from now until September 30!

[EDIT] There seems to be a problem with the forum links at the moment, so please visit https://logos.com/mix-n-match

During this time all live Mobile Ed courses have been unbundled, and you can mix and match whichever combination you like. Furthermore, you'll receive $10 Logos credit back for each course you buy after the sale ends! Get $20 Logos credit back for two courses, or $200 for 20!

If you haven't yet tried Mobile Ed, this is a great opportunity for you to get exactly the combination of courses that will help you in your studies, and in your ministry. So enjoy, but don't wait—some of these courses will go back into bundles at the end of September!

Start bundling the courses you want today.

Want to learn more about Mobile Ed? Find our how we're advancing the standard of theological education. Learn more. (https://logos.com/mobile-ed)

Posts 29375
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 10 2014 8:11 PM

Jonathan - The "mix and match" sale page that you directed us to really needs to have the prices listed for each course. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1104
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 10 2014 8:23 PM

Jonathan

I added one item to the cart but it did not show me the price, but it only asked to go ahead with the purchase. 

This is not good, I will not buy without knowing the cost. as Alabama24 said we need the prices listed for the courses. 

Thanks Lee

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 501
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 10 2014 8:40 PM

I clicked the icon and it led me to a page with pricing.

Posts 9568
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 11 2014 5:26 AM

SHotchkiss:

But it would be helpful to have the pricing on the first page.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 649
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 11 2014 7:32 AM

Bruce Dunning:

SHotchkiss:

But it would be helpful to have the pricing on the first page.

I just clicked on the "History of Preaching" and is shows the BUNDLE price...clicked on the Introduction to Discipleship and it showed the same thing. total price was $1499 or thereabouts...individually the Discipleship course (by adding it to my cart) showed $249.95. Just an FYI to somehow separate the Bundle pricing when you click on the individual courses. Thanks!

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 11 2014 9:49 PM

Sorry, still too expensive.

Posts 501
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 12 2014 6:07 AM

Logos should do their mix-n-match on community pricing. Let us bid on each course.

Posts 2114
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 12 2014 6:24 AM

I don't think the courses are too expensive.  For those who think they are too expensive have you ever tired to audit a class at a local college or seminary?  That costs a lot more than the mobile ed courses.  

I use the mobile ed courses for CEUs.  

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 12 2014 6:56 AM

Be honest Logos these products (as well as Lexham Bible Guides, Study Bible, Dictionary) act as price leaders. All the links to other Logos resources encourage us to purchase even more of your products! Rather than the video only versions of these courses being less expensive, they should be more expensive!

Don't get me wrong, I really like the links to other resources--this is one of the real benefits to having them in our library. But with that said, their pricing should reflect the fact that they generated sales of other products.

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 12 2014 7:01 AM

I agree these are still too expensive without any accreditation.  The CP price on Witherington's is all I would ever pay for these.

Posts 3300
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 12 2014 7:30 AM

Everett Headley:

I agree these are still too expensive without any accreditation.  The CP price on Witherington's is all I would ever pay for these.

I agree, cannot see spending this amount when the $$$ would be better spent on an accredited classroom or distance ed course with credit.

Posts 11732
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 12 2014 8:23 AM

Keith Larson:

these products (as well as Lexham Bible Guides, Study Bible, Dictionary) act as price leaders. All the links to other Logos resources encourage us to purchase even more of your products! (...)  their pricing should reflect the fact that they generated sales of other products.

I thought about that - but in reverse - when there was the discussion of "further reading" products outside of recommended Platinum.

My idea was that the product page should have the required reading and recommended reading lists with buy buttons for the resources. When someone has the m.Ed course in his shopping cart (or owns it), they get e.g. 50% on required reading and 33% on recommended reading resources. Thus, the more the add-on purchase idea works, the more does the rebate "pay" the m.Ed course. Logos would of course still get mucho $$$, but it would be easier to convince oneself... (waiting for a NT Greek course where BDAG is required under this model) 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 3300
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 12 2014 9:07 AM

sorry for multiple post- this only happens off my Ipad- not sure why.

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 12 2014 9:11 PM

Keith Larson:

Be honest Logos these products (as well as Lexham Bible Guides, Study Bible, Dictionary) act as price leaders. All the links to other Logos resources encourage us to purchase even more of your products! Rather than the video only versions of these courses being less expensive, they should be more expensive!

Don't get me wrong, I really like the links to other resources--this is one of the real benefits to having them in our library. But with that said, their pricing should reflect the fact that they generated sales of other products.

Many of us have already spent a great deal of money on an education (I believe you had mentioned yours) so it does not make sense to me to reinvest at these prices.

Posts 54
Joh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 13 2014 4:27 AM

Thank you for your link!Smile

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 13 2014 5:30 AM

Kent:

Keith Larson:

Many of us have already spent a great deal of money on an education (I believe you had mentioned yours) so it does not make sense to me to reinvest at these prices.

I have my MDiv from Trinity Evangelical and am currently working on my DMin at Knox.

I have to say I have really benefited from the classes I have taken at Knox, so I personally find continued education of a great value. Not only do the mEd courseware offer a good review of what we learned in seminary, but being 26 years out of seminary scholarship has advanced. I just wish these courses were at a more attractive price point for me. I would love to have the new course on 2nd Temple Judaism, I didn't learn anything about this when I was in seminary.

Currently I took advantage of the many new base packages to build my library, so purchase more courses unlikely at the present time. I am sure I will purchase more in the future. But only if they are discounted at 40% or more. I am passing up on the current pre-pubs counting on the fact that historically Logos re-bundles or re-packages resources to get around their claim that the pre-pub price will be the lowest ever offered.

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 13 2014 7:06 AM

Keith,

I absolutely agree with continuing education.  However, at the prices offered withe the Mobile Ed I would much rather take them from an accredited source.  Especially when there is an abundance of other sources that have many name brand authors, teaching master's and doctoral level courses, in video and online, for free.  In keeping with forum rules, I don't wish to post my source, but I am currently going through a Romans doctoral course taught by Doug Moo that's 16 hours long.  I don't have Logos interactivity with it, but its not really needed.  

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 13 2014 8:47 AM

Everett Headley:

Keith,

I absolutely agree with continuing education.  However, at the prices offered withe the Mobile Ed I would much rather take them from an accredited source.  Especially when there is an abundance of other sources that have many name brand authors, teaching master's and doctoral level courses, in video and online, for free.  In keeping with forum rules, I don't wish to post my source, but I am currently going through a Romans doctoral course taught by Doug Moo that's 16 hours long.  I don't have Logos interactivity with it, but its not really needed.  

I really don't see why schools couldn't consider these courses just another required resource like books. The videos are SO much better the ones Knox has produced. A school then could provide discussion groups/forums along with exams and papers to be graded.

After a certain point, accreditation really isn't a factor, once I earn my DMin I am pretty much at the end of my academic path. At this stage of my life I am not interested in taking theological German (languages do not come easy for me), so a PhD in NT or Theology is out of the realm of possibilities. With that said I plan to be a life long learner.

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS