A Bare-bones base package

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 270
Kelvin Niblett | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 14 2014 6:56 PM

I am a pastor of a church, and utilize Logos in my ministry. However I would love to encourage people in my congregation to utilize logos for book studies or small groups.

However what is missing in the stable of Logos offerings in a bare-bones base package that is priced in the $25-50 price range that would give users a taste of the system without having to outlay $300 for the starter base package.

A bare-bones package would only need to include resources such as;

The Lexham English Bible

The Faithlife Study Bible

The Lexham Bible Dictionary

Logos Bible images

This would get people on the system, and even if this package is a loss leader for Logos it will generate more sales on upgrades and individual resources.

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 14 2014 7:05 PM

Kelvin, what good timing as this was discussed here just the last day or two. I think Keith gives you the option that is available.

Kelvin Niblett:
This would get people on the system, and even if this package is a loss leader for Logos it will generate more sales on upgrades and individual resources.

At one time Logos had a true Starter Package. I guess they discovered that people did not upgrade so never offered it again.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 29457
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 14 2014 7:12 PM

Kelvin Niblett:

The Lexham English Bible

Logos Bible images

With the exception of "Logos Bible Images," all of the other resources are FREE! The software engine is also free. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9576
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 14 2014 7:18 PM

alabama24:

Kelvin Niblett:

The Lexham English Bible

Logos Bible images

With the exception of "Logos Bible Images," all of the other resources are FREE! The software engine is also free. 

And free is a great price. It would be interesting to know how many people who download the free version end up upgrading to a base package at some point.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 14 2014 7:20 PM

Get them to sign up to faith life, have them purchase the free LEB to their account. NAS Electronic Bible Library is the cheapest thing that approaches a base package. Catechism of the Catholic Church Collection (9 vols.). is good for catholics both this packages are $50.

-Dan

Posts 2123
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 14 2014 7:24 PM

Kelvin, thanks for your feedback. What you describe is essentially what we give away for free with the Faithlife Study Bible, which you can use on any of our free apps. If you have something more in mind, it's possible that we could put something together that would meet your needs if we did a bulk order to outfit your entire church with Logos. Send me an email (phil@logos.com) if you're interested in exploring some options.

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 14 2014 7:54 PM

Faithlife Study Bible

Lexham English Bible (LEB)

Both items are free if you use verbum.com to check out no credit card will be required.

-Dan

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS