Question about downloadable resources versus shipped disks

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
Charles Long | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 7 2010 10:43 AM

Hi Yall,

I am a new user to Logos and just recently purchased Logos 4.  Simply, I love this program!! 

I am confused about something, which I hope someone can clarify for me: I purchased a few additional resources since purchasing my base package and some of the resources were in a downloadable format, (I understand that to mean that when I started Logos 4, it automatically recognized that a new book license was added to my program and downloaded that book for me), but a couple of my resources had to be shipped to me - Here's where I could use clarification - When I received my disks (remember I have never used Logos 3, 4 or Libronix before) I put one into the drive and autoran it and was asked by the installation wizard if I wanted to install Libronix.  I did not know if I needed to do that, so I called Logos Support and they helped me by having me read the serial numbers, so they could add them to my account.  This caused Logos, when I restarted, to download my new books (which was great because then I didn't have to fiddle around with installing disks Big Smile), but I'm wondering why Logos had to send me cd's if I was just going to call them and read the serial numbers to them and then the books would download?  I did ask the Support Tech and she mentioned that it was because they were not in a downloadable format, but that's where it breaks down for me, because they are downloading right now.  So, if anyone could clarify how this all works (downloadable vs. shipped cd's) I would be grateful and probably be able to sleep tonight without my head imploding!  Stick out tongue

Thanks for the answers,

Charles Long

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 11:03 AM

We are in a transition from the old version (Libronix) to the new version (Logos 4). The inventory of physical discs are from the older version. Logos 4 is built for web distribution so the "download" option is the one that it works with. Your calling customer support with the serial number of your purchase is the easiest way to get a Libronix unlock onto a Logos 4 license file. If you have the option, choose download. Eventually these version 3 discs will disappear, but for now we are in transition.

Posts 99
john joyce | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 11:06 AM

I was/am scratching my head on this as well. i never had 3, as a RC got Collegeville cd to supplement my downloaded base package and waited here in London for it to be posted from USA. I open the cd ring USA and read the serial number 2 weeks later . Why couldn't they read the serial number and enable the download before posting? Do I really need it posted, I just stuck it in a drawer after reading the number!

John

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 11:07 AM

Charles Long:
I'm wondering why Logos had to send me cd's if I was just going to call them and read the serial numbers to them and then the books would download? 

Charles, "sometimes" these serial numbers are supplied by third parties and Logo does not have access to them (without taking hours to read them off the paper covers etc). This may have been what happened to you.

BUT this is an ongoing issue and is discussed/debated  A LOT in other Forum posts.

Welcome to Logos!

Regards

Steve F

Regards, SteveF

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 11:09 AM

john joyce:

I was/am scratching my head on this as well. i never had 3, as a RC got Collegeville cd to supplement my downloaded base package and waited here in London for it to be posted from USA. I open the cd ring USA and read the serial number 2 weeks later . Why couldn't they read the serial number and enable the download before posting? Do I really need it posted, I just stuck it in a drawer after reading the number!

I do not know the answer to that question, someone at Logos would have to answer that very good question.

Posts 12
Charles Long | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 11:27 AM

Hello Kevin and Stephen!

Thanks for answering and giving me a bit of clarification.  I don't mind having the disks sent, I was just bummed when I waited a little bit for my Word Bib Commentary to show up, only to not need the disks.  I do understand this is transition time, so I'm not bellerin' or anything.  The folks at Logos were great this morning and how can a guy complain when Logos 4 is the greatest thing since microwave popcorn!!  Big Smile  I am so excited I found this software!!

Take care yall,

Charles Long

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 11:40 AM

Dear Charles:

You are welcome!

And just think how much shelf space you are saving!

http://blog.logos.com/950.jpg

(Well, maybe not quite that much?)

Regards

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS