import powerpoint sermon files? - suggested new features.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 35
Sumair | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 7 2010 3:00 PM

Hi,

I see that the "sermon file" add on is being worke on for 2010 and was wondering:

1) If it would support importing powerpoint and/or PDF files?

2) and index the text in slides and the notes field used in powerpoint?

This would be incredibly handy.

3) Another dream feature would be linking it to a blog someone has in case they have posted on certain content or keywords and it would notify them if they have any material posted related to what they are working on.

Thanks.

- Sumair

theologyinsneakers.com - Evidence for things unseen.

Posts 36097
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 4:27 PM

Sumair Mirza:

1) If it would support importing powerpoint and/or PDF files?

2) and index the text in slides and the notes field used in powerpoint?

Fantastic - another opportunity for me to push for Logos to see itself as a knowledge base for all our Bible related materials. They already are started in that direction.

[Human-readable knowledge bases are designed to allow people to retrieve and use the knowledge they contain. They are commonly used to complement a help desk or for sharing information among employees within an organization. They might store troubleshooting information, articles, white papers, user manuals, knowledge tags, or answers to frequently asked questions. Typically, a search engine is used to locate information in the system, or users may browse through a classification scheme.] I'm thinking knowledge tags in user defined classification schemes with a nice search function - i.e. very basic.

Sumair Mirza:
3) Another dream feature would be linking it to a blog someone has in case they have posted on certain content or keywords and it would notify them if they have any material posted related to what they are working on.

An interesting idea to ponder the possibility.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS