unable to access resources, help!!!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Amanda Miketon | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 19 2014 8:18 PM

I have successfully downloaded Logos to my computer without a problem, but at this point it says that I have 0 books in my library, which I am told is because I did not download the books yet!

I have tried downloading the books, or closing Logos to re-synch it.
"Synch repair" and "update resources" in command box, but neither of these are effective as it says there is nothing to update.

I have also made sure that "use internet" and "automatically download updates" have yes written in.

I have checked to make sure that my account is linked with the correct email ensuring access to my library; which it is.

Im brand new to this and have NO idea what to do / running out of ideas
maybe I'm not restarting Logos properly?

All the help I can get is appreciated!!!

Posts 35775
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 19 2014 8:30 PM

What books or base package did you purchase?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 30529
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 19 2014 8:30 PM

Amanda Miketon:
Im brand new to this and have NO idea what to do

For clarification: Do you actually own any resources? (Sometimes users think they will be able to download the free resources they have online access to via the mobile apps... which isn't true).

Amanda Miketon:
"Synch repair"

I have never heard of that command.

Amanda Miketon:
I have successfully downloaded Logos to my computer without a problem, but at this point it says that I have 0 books in my library, which I am told is because I did not download the books yet!

If someone has a base package (or other resources), this is typically what needs to happen:

1. Download the software engine.
  2. Enter your credentials.
  3. Allow resources to download. Note: if you have many resources (thousands), this can take a LONG time (hours and hours), especially if your internet isn't blazing fast.
  4. Allow Logos to restart (typically you are given a prompt)
  5. Allow Logos to index. Note: this can take hours too.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5
Amanda Miketon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 19 2014 8:37 PM

there are about 430 books that I should have in my library!

Posts 30529
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 19 2014 8:42 PM

With Logos running, do you see a blue logos icon in the upper part of your screen indicating that resources are being downloaded?

Posts 30529
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 19 2014 8:44 PM

Amanda Miketon:
there are about 430 books that I should have in my library!

Have you ever accessed these resources? If so, how? Mobile app? Biblia.com? Other?

Posts 5
Amanda Miketon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 19 2014 8:46 PM

Ah, thank you for the help!

I am still in an extremely confusing place though.

Yes, I purchased a package and know that I am supposed to have a library of about 430 books!

And I'm not sure how ridiculous of a question this is but could you clarify what you mean by "enter credentials" and where to do that?

Logos has not given me any prompt so far to index or restart unfortunately.

Posts 5
Amanda Miketon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 19 2014 8:51 PM

I am on windows and I don't see any blue icons indicating a download!

I went on the mobile iPhone app and was able to access a few books but I'm not sure if that's even the same thing or how that works!

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 19 2014 8:59 PM

Amanda, in Logos 5 there will be a yellow bar that appears going across your Logos window near the top telling you if there are resources to install. Also if your computer is downloading resources there should be a small Logos icon in your system tray (lower RH corner of your screen (in Windows 7/not sure where it might be in Windows 8)). If you find this and hover over it it will show you the progress of the download or the availability of resources or an update to add to Logos.

It's been awhile but I believe there are two large downloads after installing Logos. One contains Logos data sets and other information particular to your chosen base package. That can be a large download. Second there is a resources download that contains your books. Again, that can be quite large. So installing the software is the fast part. You may simply have to give Logos some time to identify what it is you need and download it for you.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5
Amanda Miketon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 19 2014 9:05 PM

Thank you Mark!

At this point I do not see the yellow bar or the download icon, but I'm going to take your advice and leave it open for awhile (overnight) and see if the issue resolves itself / Logos begins the download / synchronization

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 19 2014 9:23 PM

If that doesn't work give Logos support a call tomorrow.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 30529
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 19 2014 9:23 PM

Amanda Miketon:
And I'm not sure how ridiculous of a question this is but could you clarify what you mean by "enter credentials" and where to do that?

Credentials = Username (email) and password. 

If you want to verify that you are using the right credentials, find the "about logos" in the menu (sorry, I can't be too specific... I am a Mac user and the menu structure for this is different. I <think> it is on the far right for you) and look for the "licensed to." Do you see your email address? You could also close Logos down, and press and hold the control key immediately upon start up. This will bring up the log in box. 

If you see the email address you expected, then check www.biblia.com and log in using the SAME credentials. If your resources show up, then you are using the right credentials and something is amiss with your installation (perhaps just waiting for downloads to occur). If you DON'T see your resources, you may have used the wrong credentials, or the resources haven't been added to your account yet.

Posts 1
Amanda Miketon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 20 2014 11:13 AM

Thank you everybody!
It told me that it is licensed under the email I was using but all of my resources were under another email address (which I realized after going on www.biblia.com) Logos has merged my accounts and all of my resources are downloading now.

thank you SO much for your help.

Posts 30529
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 20 2014 11:49 AM

Glad you have it working now. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS