"Sympathetic" highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1459
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 21 2014 5:54 PM

I am watching some Logos training videos, and have noticed the instructor mention and show what he refers to as sympathetic highlighting in Logos 4. In this, a word is manually highlighted in one Bible translation, such as the ESV, and then that same word is AUTOMATICALLY highlighted another Bible translation, such as the Septuagint. I am not able to reproduce this functionality in Logos 5. Is there a setting I need for this, or is there another reason why it will not work for me?

NOTE: Logos WILL highlight the ESV text when I highlight the Septuagint, but will not do the reverse, which is what most who do not speak.read Greek will need - highlighting the Greek corresponding text when I highlight English.

Note also: I do have the versions LINKED.  

Any wisdom would be appreciated! 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 3179
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 21 2014 6:48 PM

Myke Harbuck:
NOTE: Logos WILL highlight the ESV text when I highlight the Septuagint, but will not do the reverse, which is what most who do not speak.read Greek will need - highlighting the Greek corresponding text when I highlight English.

Hi Myke,

In order  to accomplish the task you request you will need the Rahlfs Septuagint with Logos Morphology Reverse Interlinear once you tick Sympathetic Highlighting and Link the bibles you are on your way.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 25328
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 21 2014 11:29 PM

HI Myke

Myke Harbuck:
NOTE: Logos WILL highlight the ESV text when I highlight the Septuagint, but will not do the reverse

Is "Sympathetic Highlighting" enabled in your ESV? Controlled from the Visual Filter dropdown (small icon with three interlocking circles).

Myke Harbuck:
Note also: I do have the versions LINKED.  

This isn't necessary for Sympathetic Highlighting to work - though it clearly helps in keeping versions at the same pointSmile

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS