Issues using the forums from ios 8

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 24764
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 24 2014 2:58 PM

using Safari on iOS 8 I have noticed that:

1. when returning to the list of threads from a particular thread (using the back button) the display is moved to the top of the list as opposed to returning to the point it was set to. This is different behaviour, I think, from Safari in ios 7
  2. when trying to insert a screenshot, the "insert" button is obscured by the keyboard (when in landscape mode) and even in portrait mode where the insert button is visible it doesn't do anything

using the Chroms browser

1. it correctly returns to the right place on the list of threads
  2. Trying to insert a photo doesn't work. Neither of the options - take a photo or use an existing one - do anything if clicked

Anyone else seeing this?

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 25 2014 7:37 AM

Apple does seem to have made some changes under the hood in Safari.

It's unrelated to Logos, but I have a web app that navigates directly to specific page number of a PDF. This was already broken in Safari (required different URL syntax to other browsers, and didn't work the first time the URL was called only when the URL was changed manually). In iOS8, the ability to navigate to a specific PDF page seems to have been removed entirely, so even my workarounds don't work.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 25 2014 8:56 AM

For sure.  My favorite iOS browser lost its ability to open a URL in a new tab (press/hold).  That sent me on a search for a new browser.

Completely (almost) OT, I finally found one (iOS) that could come close to the older PC version of Opera: iCadMobile.  Drag/drop buttons, on/off images, control of scripting, and unbelievably customizing feature-rich.  

I say 'almost' OT, since I like to load the forum and Logos.com pages quick without all the extra media/adverts pulls. Back in business!  I was about to say goodbye to old-Opera, since security was becoming a big issue (no updates).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS