Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 37 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2898
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 26 2014 10:46 AM

Will the extra screen space make for a much improved reading / study experience than previous iPhones?

Will it be similar to an IPad mini?  Or will it not make much difference?

Is the iphone 6 plus a worthwhile upgrade from a Logos perspective?

Any thoughts?

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 29797
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 26 2014 11:36 AM

The app hasn't been updated for the iPhone 6 or 6+ yet. If your decision to get a new phone is simply for logos, it would be best to wait. (Personally, I think the plus is WAY too big.)

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2898
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 26 2014 10:18 PM

I use my phone basically to do three things:  1.  Talk. 2.  Read  3.  Browse Internet

i read mostly Logos.  My phone is the the Bible I carry around with me.

Alll phones let you talk. I was wandering if the extra size of the 6 plus would be of much benefit for the other uses.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 27 2014 8:32 PM

I have the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and using the Bible! App is much easier to read. I use it more as a mini-tablet than as a phone. The size to use as a phone is kinda large, but the capability is there when needed. If you text more than talk on your phone, you'd like it. 

I looked at the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ and they are both very nice. If you use Logos a lot on your phone (phablet), then the extra screen size of 6+ would be beneficial. The resolution on both is easy on the eyes. Carrying 6+ in your pocket could be cumbersome.

The best way is to go to a store and try each device.

HP Laptop Win 7 | iPad 4 | iPhone 6 | L5 Platinum | Galaxy Mega 6.3

Posts 2898
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 29 2014 6:50 PM

Bev N:

I have the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and using the Bible! App is much easier to read. I use it more as a mini-tablet than as a phone. The size to use as a phone is kinda large, but the capability is there when needed. If you text more than talk on your phone, you'd like it. 

I looked at the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ and they are both very nice. If you use Logos a lot on your phone (phablet), then the extra screen size of 6+ would be beneficial. The resolution on both is easy on the eyes. Carrying 6+ in your pocket could be cumbersome.

Thanks.  That is very good advice.

Posts 2898
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 29 2014 6:51 PM

Bev N:

Thanks.  That is very good advice. 

Posts 9628
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 30 2014 2:30 PM

Since it was time for me to upgrade from the iPhone 4s I debated for a long time between the 6 and 6 Plus and just decided today to order the 6 Plus. I realized that it will be a bit more cumbersome to carry but the benefit of the larger screen size and the longer battery life pushed me in the direction of the plus.

I'd be interested in hearing from people who currently are using the iPhone 6 for Logos. How are you enjoying it?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2898
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 30 2014 9:40 PM

I need to upgrade my phone and have decided on the iPhone 6 plus as well for the same reasons.  My regular computer is the Microsoft Surface Pro 2, and I love it.  As a result I seldom use my iPad, but I frequently use my iPhone to read Logos books when I am out and about.  The iPad is not convenient to carry with me, but I think the iPhone 6 will hit the mobile "sweet spot" for me.  The extra screen space will help, but it will still fit in my pocket.

Bruce Dunning:

Since it was time for me to upgrade from the iPhone 4s I debated for a long time between the 6 and 6 Plus and just decided today to order the 6 Plus. I realized that it will be a bit more cumbersome to carry but the benefit of the larger screen size and the longer battery life pushed me in the direction of the plus.

I'd be interested in hearing from people who currently are using the iPhone 6 for Logos. How are you enjoying it?

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 30 2014 9:52 PM

I am writing from 6+ and I love it. i wish logos should make an update

edit: by the way it doesn't bend 😜

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 30 2014 10:50 PM

Wild Eagle:

We will soon publish apps supporting the iPhone 6 and 6+ resolutions - I apologize for the delay.

Posts 87
Jay R | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 2 2014 1:02 AM

Looking forward to the update now. The text looks quite blurry when viewed with the 6+, actually feels like its straining my eyes (like they are struggling to focus).

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 2 2014 6:46 AM

Jacob Rhoden:

Looking forward to the update now. The text looks quite blurry when viewed with the 6+, actually feels like its straining my eyes (like they are struggling to focus).

download latest update. The text should not be blurry 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 2 2014 6:47 AM

Kevin Byford:

Wild Eagle:

We will soon publish apps supporting the iPhone 6 and 6+ resolutions - I apologize for the delay.

thank you Kevin

Posts 87
Jay R | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 3 2014 1:32 AM

Yea I saw an update today, it seems to have fixed it so the text is not blurry. (:

Posts 82
Ed Stone | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 5 2014 5:13 PM

Just got my 6 plus (upgrade from 5s) and I love it! although bigger in the pocket, the increased size of the screen is very much worth it. I used Logos on it today In church and really liked it. My phone also doubles as my GPS on my motorcycle and the bigger screen is much easier to see. The 5s screen was a bit to small for that purpose. 

Posts 509
Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 5 2014 6:46 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Bruce, 

I've got the 6+ and like it very much. I came from a 4S, so I think this thing is amazing in every way, lol! Logos is super responsive on it, and reading on the screen isn't difficult at all. I can hold it around arm's length and read very easily. The screen is so big that I'm actually considering selling my iPad 3. I really just used that for reading and internet browsing, but if my phone works just as well for me, I see no need to keep it.

Here are a few screen shots for you. I'm sure it will look even better once Logos updates the app.

Posts 2898
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 10 2014 6:58 AM

OK!  I ordered my iPhone 6+.  Can't wait to read Logos on it. 

But I will have to wait because of the demand.  Apparently the iPhone 6+ is dominating the sales and setting records.  They have plenty iPhone 6 phones, but for the iPhone 6+, you wait about 30 days.

On the positive side, by the time mine comes, bugs should be worked out, and the Logos app should be fully ready.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 13 2014 6:15 AM

I just got the 6+ yesterday amd love it. Perfect for Logos, which is the main reason for the move to the bigger display. Looking forward to the updated Logos app.

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 4155
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 13 2014 7:58 AM

I wouldn't say plenty, I had to drive an hour each way here in Raleigh to find a standard iphone 6.

I wanted the 6+ but they told me maybe january.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 2898
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 13 2014 9:19 PM

abondservant:

I wouldn't say plenty, I had to drive an hour each way here in Raleigh to find a standard iphone 6.

I wanted the 6+ but they told me maybe january.

Really?  Down here in the home of the # 1 ranked Mississippi State Bulldogs we have the iPhone 6 in the stores (Walmart, ATT), but have a 14 to 25 day wait for the 6+.  I ordered on the 8th, and my update says they will ship between the 17 and 25th.  Of course, promising and delivering are not the same thing, but past experience says that it is pretty close.

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS