Logos 4 Interlinear

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
Scott Zalaznik | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 8 2010 5:31 AM

After installing Logos 4 none of the reverse interlinear bibles ie NAS & ESV had the interlinear button.  Then after an update the interlinear button has appeared.  Unfortunately, the button does not do anything.  I have sent two emails to Tech support but have not heard back.  Any ideas what is happening.  Logos 4 looks great, I just wish I hadn't paid to upgrade to the Beta version.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 5:49 AM

It sounds like you have a bug in your license file. Try deleting  your %LOCALAPPDATA%\Logos4\Data\...\LicenseManager\Licenses.dat file (AppData folder is hidden so you will need to enable viewing of hidden files and folders in the folder options). Then log into Logos 4 while connected to the internet. Logos should download a new copy of you license file.  Hopefully your interlinears will be restored.

Posts 27468
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 3:12 PM

ScottZalaznik:
Logos 4 looks great, I just wish I hadn't paid to upgrade to the Beta version.

What library did you upgrade to?

Did you mean you installed the beta version 4.0b? Or have you installed 4.0a (click the ? mark at upper right of L4 and select About Logos Bible software to see the version).

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 7
Scott Zalaznik | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 4:58 PM

Nope - button still doesn't work.

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 5:22 PM

ScottZalaznik:
Nope - button still doesn't work.

Scott, please tell us how you obtained L4. The free upgrade to the L4 engine does not include the interlinears. The minimal cross-grade does as do any upgrades to a 4.0 library. I haven't seen Bibles under the free upgrade but would think the Interlinear button would be missing so if that's what you did you would be asking where is it not why doesn't it work.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 7
Scott Zalaznik | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 5:38 PM

I have the Scholar's Gold and upgraded to Logos 4 Gold.  It should have all of the interlinears.  The first few days I didn't have the interlinear button and then it appeared - just not working.  I have 4.0a (not really a beta - but apparently not bug free either).

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:23 PM

Scott,

You should definitely have this capability. I wasn't sure from your earlier posts if you did delete your licenses.dat file and then restart Logos. Did you try this?

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 7
Scott Zalaznik | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:34 PM

I found the license file and deleted it.  Next time I ran Logos 4 it replaced the file but the interlinear button still did not work.  I can click it to make it look like it is on but there's no change in the window below.

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 8:12 PM

Do you have any of the interlinears working or are they all dead?

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 7
Scott Zalaznik | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 8:45 PM

None are working.

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 9:21 PM

Then it isn't a case of a defective resource.

You might try closing Logos, deleting your 'reverseinterlinearmanager.db' file in your ReverseInterlinearManager folder, and reopening Logos. (Actually, I'd just rename it so I could undo this step if it didn't work.)

I don't know if it will download or rebuild that file if it finds it missing and whether if it does that will help, but that's all I can suggest.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 7
Scott Zalaznik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 6:33 AM

Tried that but no change.  I've popped the install disc in and letting it reload/reprepare my library.  Hopefully that works.  I originally installed from download - maybe somehow it didn't get everything.  I am really looking forward to the reverse interlinear linking between the english versions.

Posts 7
Scott Zalaznik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 7:47 AM

Houston, we have lift off!  Must've been the installing from download.  Glad to finally have it running on all cylinders.  Now to figure out how to drive it!  Thanks for your help in trying to resolve the problem.

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 7:52 AM

ScottZalaznik:
Houston, we have lift off!

Great!

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 81
Bruce Lundquist | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 6:31 PM

I love the new interlinear especially for NKJV.  However, how would I copy the information at the bottom?  Is there a way to do that?
I've tried to copy and paste but to no luck.  I like the format in Libronix 3 where it shows the arrows pointing to the actual words in Greek.  Can this be done with version 4?

Thanks and God bless

Apple MacBook Pro 16G macOS Catalina version 10.15.7 Beta
Logos Bible Software 9 - 9.9.0.0016
http://fcov.org (Faith Church of the Valley)

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 6:38 PM

Bruce Lundquist:
I like the format in Libronix 3 where it shows the arrows pointing to the actual words in Greek.  Can this be done with version 4?

The old reverse interlinear display is a "missing feature" http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS