Some questions about 4b

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 8 2010 6:55 AM

I have seen some talking about the 4b beta and I have a couple of questions.

Where do I find the L4 beta site? I have no trouble finding the L3 Beta home but cannot locate L4.

Based on what I've read I see that 4b has the notes importing tool. I have read some are having trouble with it and others say it works fine. Is it worth downloading and using the Beta or should I wait until it is released as an update? If I use the Beta will future updates of this tool fix anything that the current tool might damage or will those notes be permanently damaged?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:20 AM

Open the Logos 4 fourm, scroll to the bottom of the page. Click on PC Beta. Look for the release notes for the latest beta, it will have a link to the newest download.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:26 AM

Rev. Fred Chapman:
Where do I find the L4 beta site?

One of the caveats on the Beta is that Logos recommends not using it if you depend on that instance, since a Beta may very well cause a problem. I personally use the Beta for day to day use, but I keep a stable release under a different user account on the same computer in case the Beta blows up. Take a look at the Beta forum posts to get an idea our experiences.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:27 AM

Fred,

You should definitely read http://community.logos.com/forums/t/8883.aspx

You can also read other posts in the forum above pertaining to importing notes to help you decide if Notes are developed enough for you.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS