Question about Clippings

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 70
Christopher Engelsma | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 1 2014 5:23 PM

I just got started with using clippings today.  I made clipping file for each of the loci of systematic theology.  One thing that puzzles me, however, is when I do the right-click to save to a clipping file, only one of my clipping files appears; e.g. in the screenshot below, only the Christology file shows.  Why?  Shouldn't more of them appear?  What about all my other clipping files?

Posts 1827
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 1 2014 5:28 PM

I too wish it would give us more than one to select from but it always defaults to the last one used. I guess the program assumes that you always want to add new clippings to the last one you had open. Usually, for me, this is true because I tend to title my clippings as a topic.

Posts 29496
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 1 2014 5:43 PM

I don't have my desktop near me at the moment, but what happens when you have multiple clipping documents open?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 24780
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 2 2014 12:54 AM

alabama24:

I don't have my desktop near me at the moment, but what happens when you have multiple clipping documents open?

If you have multiple clipping documents open you are prompted with the option to add a clipping to each of them (I haven't checked if there is an upper limit here)

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 2 2014 2:38 AM

At the last count (a minute ago) I had 97 Clippings files in my Documents. These are compiled for Sermon Preparation, Academic Research, Topic Exploration, Quotations. These are entitled carefully so as to produce a readily accessible list in the Documents menu (as in the screenshot:

I always have the Quotations Clippings file open in every layout. I then open (or create) the particular Clippings file(s) that I expect to be using.

Then when I find something that I want to add to my Clippings file, it is easy to right-click and add them. See screenshot:

Tagging particular Clippings items in the file, enables the Clippings that are of particular interest to be displayed. See screenshot:

Hope that is some help. This method works for me. Big Smile

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 1827
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 2 2014 3:28 AM

I can't speak for the OP but that is pretty cool! Thanks, I had never thought of doing it that way.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS