Master Journal Bundle (1001 vols.) No Dynamic Pricing

Page 10 of 11 (209 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next >
This post has 208 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 1829
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 8:31 PM

I wonder what the final price would be with all these new additional journals? 

thousands?

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 10:26 PM

George Gates:
Any chance of adding the Journel of Biblical Counseling https://www.logos.com/product/18545/journal-of-biblical-counseling

Unfortunately not. Our contract for this product doesn't allow for bundling with others' content.

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 10:28 PM

Kevin Maples:

The product still says it is temporarily unavailable for purchase. Phil, do you know when it will be available for pre-pub?

Getting really close—hopefully later this week. We want to make sure we have it right this time. :)

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 10:30 PM

_:

Would you consider adding the Journal of the Evangelical Homiletics Society (JEHS)? See http://ehomiletics.com/journal/about/ 

I added it to our journals wishlist. We'll have to reach out about licensing their content.

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 10:31 PM

Robert Peters:

Along those lines I would like the follow 

Christian Education Journal 

Great Commission research Journal

The first was on our wishlist. The second is now.

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 10:32 PM

Joel Knudsen:
I would appreciate the Journal of Spiritual Formation & Soul Care included in a journal collection.

It's on our wishlist.

Posts 688
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 2:43 AM

Hi Phil

Can I just say how much I appreciate the highly responsive feedback we are getting here from you. I know you can't give us everything we want, but it is so good to see you are trying and appreciate the importance of Journals to us and thus to the success of this aspect of Logos.

It is worth saying that I bought into Logos initially for the access to theological journal - that in itself cannot be achieved on this scale by any other means. (dead tree, on-line subscription, library membership etc. etc.)

My take on this is that if Logos manages to get the coverage and pricing of the offering right then the hook for existing customer/users of Logos will be enormous. Which will also affect new potential customers.

I look forward with interest to the offering - and am eager to see where developments will go thereafter.

Enough for now.

Shalom.

Posts 618
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 2:53 AM

Kevin A Lewis:

Can I just say how much I appreciate the highly responsive feedback we are getting here from you. I know you can't give us everything we want, but it is so good to see you are trying and appreciate the importance of Journals to us and thus to the success of this aspect of Logos.

You know Kevin, just last night I was thinking the EXACT same thing. Phil, you are doing an incredible job. I know taking the time to respond to so many of us in the forums takes time away from your other responsibilities and it's not always that enjoyable. We truly appreciate your doing so.

Posts 8941
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 4:28 AM

Ryan B:

Kevin A Lewis:

You know Kevin, just last night I was thinking the EXACT same thing. Phil, you are doing an incredible job. I know taking the time to respond to so many of us in the forums takes time away from your other responsibilities and it's not always that enjoyable. We truly appreciate your doing so.

Yes I too have been having similar thoughts as I follow this thread.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 5:14 AM

Phil Gons:
It's on our wishlist.

Hi Phil, since you are taking request for journals, I would like to add my two cents.

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:00 AM

Phil Gons:
We want to make sure we have it right this time. :)
NICE, Phil :)

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 12:41 PM

Ryan B:

Kevin A Lewis:

YesYesYes

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 13 2014 4:31 PM

Phil Gons:
We want to make sure we have it right this time. :)

Phil,

Will these journals have page numbers? That would be very frustrating to those of us who need to cite if they did not. I hope Logos is doing it right with page numbers. Wink

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 13 2014 5:30 PM

yes yes yes :)

Good call Kevin, thats a chronic lack when it comes to Journals - proper citations and journal page numbers.

Some Bibsac shows the name of the journal, volume and page number. Other the full details. Please normalize them per turabian (or whatever style). Its a hassle to track down the real information sometimes, on some resources. Bib sac I can get the ISBN from the library and punch it into the computer for the proper bibliography/citations. But not every journal is in the library.

Robert L. Dean Jr., “Chronological Issues in the Book of Revelation,” Bibliotheca Sacra 168 (2011): 224–225.

VS

Bibliotheca Sacra 1, no. 2 (1844): 367.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 6:15 PM

At least we can now see some of the reasons this was pulled. The old Galaxie titles seem to have already been updated for the full Logos markup and many of the new titles are included in the recent L6 base packages.

This should hopefully mean that the collection will hit publication really quickly, and hopefully I will have already paid for most of it.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 6:16 PM

I was thinking the same thing Mike :)

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 6:19 PM

And I was "hoping" the same thing! Smile

Charlene

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 7:32 PM

Hi Mike,

Do you have an example of this new markup so that I can check in my library too? Thanks

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 4:10 AM

Geo Philips:
Do you have an example of this new markup so that I can check in my library too? Thanks

If you're on Logos 6 you can do a "By Resource" search for {Label Journal Article}.

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 1:20 PM

Mark Barnes:

Geo Philips:

If you're on Logos 6 you can do a "By Resource" search for {Label Journal Article}.

Missed that during beta testing. Thanks Mark.

Page 10 of 11 (209 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > | RSS