Original Word Searches

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
Bill Holloway | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 8 2010 3:05 PM

In Logos 3 Exegetical Studies it is possible to simply click the Greek Strong's number of an individual word to get a list of every occurrence of that Greek (or Hebrew) word in a chosen Bible.

This is a facility which I use constantly, perhaps more than any other, but I have not found a way of doing this easily in Logos 4, if at all.

Is there a similar EASY way or could we add this to the list of requests for the future.

ALSO: I really want the facility to save word lists in as soon as possible because often when I have a worked on a list of occurences (above) I save that to a word list in Logos 3. For words like 'sarx' with many variations in translations it is great.

Blessings for a great programme.

Bill

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 3:25 PM

Bill,

you're right...it's not exactly the same in L3 as in L3.

I'm not sure if you're aware that you can right-click on any word in the ESV and choose  the Strong's number and search that resource....

Can't help you on the copy a word list thing...I'm waiting for that also.

On the current beta; you can export the results of a search to excel.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 3:26 PM

Bill...

Can I ask a question?

Why is it exactly that you want to use Greek Strong's numbers?

Wouldn't searching the actual Greek be the same thing and essentially "cutting out that middle step?

Robert Pavich

Posts 12
Bill Holloway | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 1:33 AM

Hi Robert,

I use this facility in Logos 3 when I want to see the way in which a Greek/ Hebrew word has been translated in other places. Words like 'sarx' 'phusis' are not translated literally in some translations. If I am doing an exegetical study I simply have to click the Strong's number to get a full print out of every occurance. If I want to keep it for further use I can copy all of the references to a verse list within Logos 3 or into a document I am working on.

I haven't studied Greek or Hebrew and so working in the original language is difficult. There is also a big learning curve with Logos 4, even with the two MS training manuals which I have.

Regards, Bill

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 2:27 AM

Bill,

I understand; I'm a newbie to Greek and just about foreign completely to Hebrew.

I've been teaching myself for about 2 years now...but it's very slow going...believe me.

I THINK that you don't have to know (really know) the Original languages to take advantage of Logos 4 tools, and you can "cut out the middle man" in your word studies...the right-click Bible word study is one way or the right click search this resource is another way...

To each his own....if you need anymore help; let me know...we are all learning...

Robert Pavich

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS