Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 113
Mark Prim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2015 12:42 PM

Yes

Posts 742
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 22 2015 8:20 AM

I just purchased a refurbished iPad 3.  My choice was partially based on this thread since I was really interested in having books read to me. My iPad arrived yesterday and the reading was great.  I can put the iPad on a shelf on my elliptical and follow along as it turns the pages (for the most part) while I exercise.

When I was changing the setting for IOS it offered a download which supposedly enhanced the reading.  Could anyone say whether this download improves the reading?  I don't mind the space involved, but I would be unhappy to find that it actually degraded the quality. I suspect it cannot be removed once it is installed without initializing the iPad.

Posts 167
NYSERVANT | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 6:36 PM

I found downloading the largest voice they offer which is called Alex makes it sound substantially better

Posts 4550
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 1:04 AM

David A Egolf:
When I was changing the setting for IOS it offered a download which supposedly enhanced the reading.  Could anyone say whether this download improves the reading?  I don't mind the space involved, but I would be unhappy to find that it actually degraded the quality.

David,

If you are new to Apple products then a slight mindset change may be needed. If Apple offer a 'stable mainline upgrade' (as opposed to anything labeled Beta) you should go for it. Very quickly advice sites, support and users assume that you have the latest version available for the model you own.

Apple regularly put out incremental improvements to programs and firmware, it is always best to install these immediately - just because you think it ain't broken doesn't mean some hacker out there hasn't spotted a hairline crack.

Posts 1
Dianna Morgan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 6:14 AM

Thank you for this information.  I was just saying to myself how I would love to have a particular book that I just purchased, read to me.  I will try this!  I love this feature.  I tried i and it does work!  Thank you again for this tip.

Posts 57
Paulo Bechara | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 10:51 AM

Very useful, NYSERVANT. Thanks.

Posts 167
NYSERVANT | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 12 2015 7:16 PM

I'm glad so many also have found this to be useful!  :)

2 other things to note that I've learned:

1.  If you keep it on "page turning" instead of scrolling it seems to be more consistently accurate.  I haven't tested this a whole lot but it seems to be better for me.

2.  You can actually start it reading to you and then leave the logos app and it will still read to you.  so if you find it easier to read while you are doodling or doing a simple puzzle game you can do it at the same time.  Then if you want to jump back quickly to highlight or something you click where it says "Logos Bible" in the floating box.  Oh, and you can make the floating box smaller by hitting the little arrow to the left.

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS