Easy way to get to highlight note?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 103
Dan | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 17 2014 10:40 AM

I have been highlighting the Bible and entering notes in a notes document. When looking at the notes it is easy to get back to the highlighted portion of the Bible. What I am having a difficulty with is going the other way.

When looking at a highlighted text in a Bible, is there a way to go to the note associated with the highlight?

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 17 2014 11:50 AM

If within the notes document you turn on the visual notifier (which by default looks like this ) - said notifier will now appear in your bible next to the place it is anchored, such as a verse number.  You can click that notifier to pop into your note.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 103
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 17 2014 11:59 AM

When highlighting, the default is not to have the note identifier and just show the highlight. Is there any way to get to the notes without the note identifier?

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 17 2014 12:18 PM

No. there is no simple way to open the notes if the notification is not there.

If you are using the highlighter panel to create a note, there is no way to add the identifier at the moment by default.

However, if you select your bible text, right click, and select "add note to<filename>" the identifier is placed automatically, but you do not get highlighting.  

Posts 103
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 17 2014 12:25 PM

I was afraid of that. I currently have hundreds of highlights and notes from my last pass through the Bible. Now that I am going back I am trying to see what I wrote the last time, I have encountered this difficulty.

I guess I will have to go through all my notes and turn on the note indicators. Sad

Thanks for your help!

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 17 2014 12:27 PM

I do wish I had a better answer for you Dan.  

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 6:10 AM

But now for some good news!

The good news on this is that L6 does it. :-)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS