Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 24
Peter Montoro | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 23 2014 7:50 AM

The send to kindle function is amazing! It alone inspired me to start a new payment plan :-) However, there are few bugs, some of which have been mentioned and some not. 

1. The Scripture hyperlinks are one of the best parts of the process.....  but..... it isn't pulling my preferred version. Anything that can be done about this?

2. The TOC needs to be readable by the kindle software. This should be a simple fix as has already been mentioned. 

3. The logos fonts are amazing with their multilingual support. The kindle supports publisher embedded fonts. Is there any reason why there could not be an option to embed one's preferred font? It would significantly improve the usability of the resources as, right now, only one of the kindle's font choices properly renders polytonic Greek. I LOVE the skolar font that is now the default on at least the mac app. Using it on a kindle would be AMAZING, especially for Greek text. 

Of the three, the first is most definitely the biggest problem for me.

P.S. Very impressed with the speed and ease of the process and with the quality of the rendering. It really makes my Logos library more valuable to me and makes me willing to pay the (sometimes significant) premium purchasing books in this format requires. 

Posts 1526
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 7:55 AM

Peter Montoro:

2. The TOC needs to be readable by the kindle software. This should be a simple fix as has already been mentioned. 

They work for me anyway. Are you sure you are going to the correct TOC? That is, the one you get to when you select "Go To" and then "Table of Contents".

I would like to see Bible TOC's improved, but they also work for me.

Posts 24
Peter Montoro | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 7:57 AM

What I am talking about is that, although the hyperlinks on the TOC page do work, the kindle is not reading them as the structure of the book and so navigation isn't working. When you go to the "go to" menu, all the sections should show up as they do when a book has been properly formatted. Having a hyperlinked TOC is good, but there is no reason why would could not also have a navigable structure, which would be amazing.

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 8:11 AM

Fr Devin Roza:

Peter Montoro:

They work for me anyway. Are you sure you are going to the correct TOC? That is, the one you get to when you select "Go To" and then "Table of Contents".

I would like to see Bible TOC's improved, but they also work for me.

I believe he is talking about the native TOC format on new generation kindles like the Paperwhite.  Goto actually brings up a collapsible TOC but the logos books do not do this, it should be, as has been said, a simple fix.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 29468
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 8:37 AM

Peter Montoro:
The Scripture hyperlinks are one of the best parts of the process.....  but..... it isn't pulling my preferred version.

What is your preferred version? NIV?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 24
Peter Montoro | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 3:07 PM

David Taylor is correct. It is extraordinarily useful to use the collapsible TOC. Really hope this gets fixed. My preferred version is the Cambridge Paragraph KJV. However, I also would like the option of setting my preferred version to a greek text so that that would pop up. It should just pull from whatever the preferred version is at the time. Anyway this can get fixed?

Posts 29468
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 4:31 PM
Peter Montoro:
Really hope this gets fixed. My preferred version is the Cambridge Paragraph KJV.
I am not fully sure if I checked the correct resource, but I believe that I did. Can you check to see if this resource is "send to kindle" enabled?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS