New Feature: Propositional Outlines

Page 1 of 4 (69 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 68 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 172
LogosEmployee
Jonathan J Watson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 24 2014 1:55 PM

What is it?

The Propositional Outlines tool is a new visual filter that allows you to see the textual flow of a passage and intent of every line of text. This visual filter can be applied to English or Greek versions of the New Testament, showing you major units of text, clause relationship, and the aim of every line.

How does it work?

This visual filter shows the essential (functional) features of each clause, and it presents a translation through a diagram that helps readers visualize the flow of thought within the text.

• Graphic layout that tells you how clauses relate to one another

• Breaks the text down into “preachable” sections

• Can be applied to any Bible with a reverse interlinear, or to a Greek version

• Shows the flow of thought

• Shows the function of each clause

• Shows this layout across the NT (unique)

Where can I learn more? 

Watch it in action here.

How do I get it? 

This feature is included in Core Crossgrade and higher, as well in Silver base packages and higher. 

Posts 29
William Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:20 AM

Upgraded to L6 Gold, but the Propositional Outlines feature is not showing in visual filters.

Posts 19463
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:23 AM

Hi William - and welcome to the forums

William Palmer:

Upgraded to L6 Gold, but the Propositional Outlines feature is not showing in visual filters.

Which Bible are you trying this with and which passage?

Graham

Posts 3800
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:23 AM

Has everything downloaded and indexed?

What resource and passage are you looking at? Not all bible resources have this capability.

Diagnostic Logging

Grow in your personal relationship with Christ; so you can help others come into and grow in a personal relationship with Christ

Posts 8659
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:27 AM

William Palmer:

William, thanks for checking here on the Forums.

What Bible are you trying to use this feature with? (It doesn't work on all Bibles. I believe it is restricted to Bibles with a Reverse Interlinear, such as the LEB, NIV, NRSV, NASB95 and others.)

Is Indexing complete? Is there a second download pending?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 7356
LogosEmployee

William Palmer:

Are you in the NT of a reverse interlinear English Bible or Greek morph Bible? Which one? Can you post a screenshot and resource support info?

Posts 15
LogosEmployee
Todd Bishop | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:37 AM

This visual filter also works in your morphologically tagged Greek texts like SBLGNT and NA28. 

Posts 124
Peter Lever | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:45 AM

I have the extended crossgrade, but the Visual Filter is not appearing among the other visual filters in ESV or NA28 [Nor do I have any Interactive Media; and there are no further downloads showing up, just indexing]

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:55 AM

Peter Lever:

I have the extended crossgrade, but the Visual Filter is not appearing among the other visual filters in ESV or NA28 [Nor do I have any Interactive Media; and there are no further downloads showing up, just indexing]

Indexing will prevent certain visual filters from appearing; if it isn't showing when you finish indexing, please reply back on this thread and we can try to further diagnose the issue.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 3800
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:59 AM

Peter Lever:

Neither do I have any interactive media listing or downloading. [This is off-topic for this thread. Please feel free to read and delete :-) ]

As Dylan said, wait for indexing to complete and then check the status of these features and resources.

Diagnostic Logging

Grow in your personal relationship with Christ; so you can help others come into and grow in a personal relationship with Christ

Posts 1464
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 10:27 AM

I am having the same issue. I upgraded form L5 Diamond to L6 Diamond. Indexing is complete, but the additional resources have yet to download due to the server issue. Will this come within that resource download? 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 10:29 AM

John Kight:
I am having the same issue. I upgraded form L5 Diamond to L6 Diamond. Indexing is complete, but the additional resources have yet to download due to the server issue. Will this come within that resource download? 

Yes, I believe so. Sorry for the server inconvenience - once those are back up and you've downloaded, let us know if you're still having this problem!

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 1464
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 10:57 AM

Dylan Rondeau:

John Kight:

Yes, I believe so. Sorry for the server inconvenience - once those are back up and you've downloaded, let us know if you're still having this problem!

Will do! Thanks Dylan.

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 29
William Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:25 PM

Indexing is complete. I used the ESV and 1 Thes 4:1-18 as in the demo video. No matter what verse i choose, the option never displays. I have restarted my computer also.

Posts 3800
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:39 PM

William Palmer:

Indexing is complete. I used yhe ESV and 1 Thes 4:1-18 as in the demo video. No matter what verse i choose, the option never displays. I have restarted my computer also.

I cannot duplicate or find a problem. Perhaps it has something to do with the resources being pushed (or not pushed) from the server right now.

Diagnostic Logging

Posts 12230
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:42 PM

William Palmer:
Indexing is complete. I used the ESV and 1 Thes 4:1-18 as in the demo video.

I can see from your screenshot that your L6 hasn't downloaded the update to the ESV yet (probably because of the server problems Logos are currently having). Once that has downloaded, I'm sure you'll be in business.

Posts 162
LogosEmployee
Chris Culy (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:45 PM

As said before, this is likely an issue getting the needed resources for this feature. This feature requires a data resource. In order for the feature to work, you should have the resource DB:SD-PROPOSITIONAL-OUTLINES listed under the tech support section in your About dialog. It should look something like this:

Hope that helps.

Posts 124
Peter Lever | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 5:21 AM

Does this not work for Old Testament? It does not work in my ESV or NKJV for any Old Testament Passage

Posts 19463
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 5:28 AM

Peter Lever:

Does this not work for Old Testament? It does not work in my ESV or NKJV for any Old Testament Passage

It is currently New Testament only. 

From the post at the top of this thread:

"This visual filter can be applied to English or Greek versions of the New Testament, showing you major units of text, clause relationship, and the aim of every line"

Posts 3800
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 7:21 AM

Peter Lever:

As Graham noted it is for the NT only. During the beta testing there was a focus on getting the NT done, but Logos did indicate they were considering expanding this feature to the OT at some point in the future. No promises were made regarding the expansion of the feature, nor was any timeline indicated.

Diagnostic Logging

Page 1 of 4 (69 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS