Book suggestion.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2869
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 9 2010 1:01 PM

Here are some books i think that should be available in my favourite bible software. Ted

1. Providence & Prayer : How Does God Work in the World? by Terrance Tiessen
  2. The Benefits of Providence: A New Look at Divine Sovereignty by James S. Spiegel
  3. The Only Wise God: The Compatibility of Divine Foreknowledge & Human Freedom by William Lane Craig
  4. Divine Foreknowledge: Four Views by James K. Beilby, Paul R. Eddy, Gregory A. Boyd, and David Hunt
  5. God & Time: 4 Views by Gregory E. Ganssle
  6. Eternal God: A Study of God without Time by Paul Helm
  7. Time and Eternity: Exploring God's Relationship to Time by William Lane Craig
  8. Creation out of Nothing: A Biblical, Philosophical, and Scientific Exploration by Paul Copan and William Craig
  9. Does God Suffer? by Thomas G. Weinandy
  10. Providence by Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange and Dom Bede Rose
  11. Predestination by Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange and Dom Bede Rose
  12. Hypocrisy: Moral Fraud and Other Vices by James S. Spiegel
  13. Predestination and Free Will: Four Views of Divine Sovereignty and Human Freedom by David Basinger and Randall Basinger
  14. The Many Faces of Evil: Theological Systems and the Problems of Evil by John S. Feinberg
  15. Not the Way It's Supposed to Be : A Breviary of Sin by Cornelius Plantinga Jr.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 19691
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2010 7:08 AM

Ted Hans:

Here are some books i think that should be available in my favourite bible software. Ted

1. Providence & Prayer : How Does God Work in the World? by Terrance Tiessen
  2. The Benefits of Providence: A New Look at Divine Sovereignty by James S. Spiegel
  3. The Only Wise God: The Compatibility of Divine Foreknowledge & Human Freedom by William Lane Craig
  4. Divine Foreknowledge: Four Views by James K. Beilby, Paul R. Eddy, Gregory A. Boyd, and David Hunt
  5. God & Time: 4 Views by Gregory E. Ganssle
  6. Eternal God: A Study of God without Time by Paul Helm
  7. Time and Eternity: Exploring God's Relationship to Time by William Lane Craig
  8. Creation out of Nothing: A Biblical, Philosophical, and Scientific Exploration by Paul Copan and William Craig
  9. Does God Suffer? by Thomas G. Weinandy
  10. Providence by Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange and Dom Bede Rose
  11. Predestination by Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange and Dom Bede Rose
  12. Hypocrisy: Moral Fraud and Other Vices by James S. Spiegel
  13. Predestination and Free Will: Four Views of Divine Sovereignty and Human Freedom by David Basinger and Randall Basinger
  14. The Many Faces of Evil: Theological Systems and the Problems of Evil by John S. Feinberg
  15. Not the Way It's Supposed to Be : A Breviary of Sin by Cornelius Plantinga Jr.

Looks like a good list. I only have the first one, but then I already know you've probably got more print-based books than I do if you have something like three times as many Logos books as I do!Smile

Posts 2869
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2010 7:23 AM

Rosie Perera:
Looks like a good list. I only have the first one, but then I already know you've probably got more print-based books than I do if you have something like three times as many Logos books as I do!Smile

Rosie, you are quite on a different league! What can i say, you proof read Bruce Waltke's Proverb in the NICOT series - Wow! You know, folks in this forum will view you a lot more differently now. You have already made it into LogosSmile.

"I could not have worked with more gracious librarians and their staffs than Grace Mullen and Jane Petite of Westminster Theological Seminary; Ivan Gaetz, David Stewart, Joan Pries, Audrey Williams, and Matthew Freeman of Regent College; and John Muether, Dan Wright, and Kevin Nelson of Reformed Theological Seminaries. My talented German students Johannes Kuhhorn and Gabriel Braun helped me with the translation of Die Sprüche by A. Meinhold. The Eerdmans Publishing Company and Robert Hubbard patiently allowed me to pursue my research and writing over these many years. A most diligent team of proofreaders, led by my multigifted computer tutor, Rob Barrett, assisted me: Gay Atmajian, Lane Ayo, Matt Ghormley, Abram Kidd, Allison Koenicke, Max Kuecker, Rod McLain, Stephen Ney, Rosie Perera, and Susan Ting."

Waltke, B. K. (2005). The Book of Proverbs. Chapters 15-31. The New International Commentary on the Old Testament (xxiii). Grand Rapids, MI: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 19691
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2010 5:35 PM

Ted Hans:

Rosie Perera:

Rosie, you are quite on a different league! What can i say, you proof read Bruce Waltke's Proverb in the NICOT series - Wow! You know, folks in this forum will view you a lot more differently now. You have already made it into LogosSmile.

"I could not have worked with more gracious librarians and their staffs than Grace Mullen and Jane Petite of Westminster Theological Seminary; Ivan Gaetz, David Stewart, Joan Pries, Audrey Williams, and Matthew Freeman of Regent College; and John Muether, Dan Wright, and Kevin Nelson of Reformed Theological Seminaries. My talented German students Johannes Kuhhorn and Gabriel Braun helped me with the translation of Die Sprüche by A. Meinhold. The Eerdmans Publishing Company and Robert Hubbard patiently allowed me to pursue my research and writing over these many years. A most diligent team of proofreaders, led by my multigifted computer tutor, Rob Barrett, assisted me: Gay Atmajian, Lane Ayo, Matt Ghormley, Abram Kidd, Allison Koenicke, Max Kuecker, Rod McLain, Stephen Ney, Rosie Perera, and Susan Ting."

Waltke, B. K. (2005). The Book of Proverbs. Chapters 15-31. The New International Commentary on the Old Testament (xxiii). Grand Rapids, MI: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.

Ted

Amusingly, apparently nobody proofred his acknowledgements. In the print edition, Abram Kidd is listed twice (someone must have noticed that and fixed it for the online edition), and Allison's last name is spelled wrong in both places. It's really Koeneke. This is one print-based resource I won't ever be giving away now that I'm using Logos almost exclusively.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS