Application won't start in OS X 10.10

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4
Ben Evans | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 26 2014 1:04 PM

Good afternoon!

I recently made the jump to OS X after using Windows for years. I was overjoyed to see that Logos was also compatible with Macs, as it is a valuable asset to use. The issue that I have is that it won't start at all. I tried both Logos 4 and Logos 5 and both of them install, but do not open up. When I try to open it up, the icon bounces on the dock like it is loading for about a second to 2 seconds, but it just closes itself. I attempted to enable the diagnostic logging like all of the other threads said to do, but the logs folder is empty. It looks like it isn't even getting far enough to log anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Posts 4
Ben Evans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 26 2014 1:21 PM

I got the logging utility. Here is the log that came from the crash.

7558.LogosLogs.BenEvans.20141026-161710.zip

Posts 28245
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 26 2014 1:58 PM

Welcome! Sorry you are having troubles. Tongue Tied

Ben Evans:
I tried both Logos 4 and Logos 5 and both of them install, but do not open up.

First, let's stick with L5. Unless there is a performance reason (i.e. your computer is old), you should generally always stick with the newest engine. Even if you did not purchase an L5 base package, you will benefit from the new software. 

Ben Evans:
I recently made the jump to OS X after using Windows for years.

I <kind of> know how to read logs. I see the following in your logos.log file:

10/26/2014 16:17:06 | FATAL | 1 | OurAppController | System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Users/BenEvans/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Users" is denied.

I am unsure why you would get this error. What steps did you take to install L5? Are you running L5 in an administrator account in OS X , or are you using a moderated (limited) user account? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4
Ben Evans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 26 2014 5:43 PM

I only tried Logos 4 as a last resort. Good to know it isn't an option either.

I am using an administrator account on OS X. I downloaded the DMG, opened the mounted image, and copied the application into the application folder. Once it was copied over, I tried to open the app from the launchpad and it reminded me that it was downloaded from a website, I said ok since my computer is already set to allow manually downloaded apps. It did the icon bouncing on the dock then closed itself.

Posts 4
Ben Evans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 26 2014 5:50 PM

What you said made me think. I went into the Library/Application Support folder and had to manually add my account to have read/write privileges in the Logos folder.

Thanks for your help!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS