Library not opening in floating window by default with Ctrl+L

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 487
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 28 2014 2:23 AM

It's only a minor issue, but it's different from L5.  In L5 pressing Ctrl+L (in Windows 7) opened the Library in a floating window.  Now, it opens the Library in one of a number of existing panes (not always the same one).  This is not great when it opens it in a small pane.  Can this be changed to work as it did under L5?  Thanks.

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 2:44 AM

This was noted late in beta testing and I know the developers are looking at it - but I haven't heard anything yet about a fix

Posts 487
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 5:01 AM

Graham Criddle:

This was noted late in beta testing and I know the developers are looking at it - but I haven't heard anything yet about a fix

Hi Graham, that's great - it looks like it'll be addressed (hopefully) at some stage then. Smile

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 12:54 PM

I've had this problem too and reported it. Logos cannot reproduce it internally, but hopefully the fact that several people are experiencing this will encourage them to work at finding a way to reproduce it and solve it. I provided them a screencast and log files.

Posts 1889
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 1:01 PM

I wonder if it's related to a problem I reported quite a while back that "Ctrl-L" wouldn't respond at all if you started L5 and the focus ended up in a certain place. I don't recall what place or type of placed the focus would be in, but I got in the habit of clicking in a resource pane after starting L5 so that I knew Ctrl-L would work at all. It was if certain controls/locations didn't allow the keystroke to works its way up the hierarchy to something that knew how to handle it.

Donnie

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 2:35 PM

John Duffy:
In L5 pressing Ctrl+L (in Windows 7) opened the Library in a floating window.  Now, it opens the Library in one of a number of existing panes (not always the same one). 

This is also a problem in the Mac version where CMD-L now opens Library in a docked panel with no keyboard command to open it in a floating window.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 2:56 PM

Just checked my install of Verbum 6 on Win7 PC and Ctrl-L opened the library in a floating window:

Verbum 6.0 SR-1

Posts 35
Beth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 7:23 AM

Same problem for me-the library opens docked with the command-L on my Mac.

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 7:57 AM

Same problem with me in windows SR3

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 8:33 AM

This is now happening on my system as well.

If I remember correctly, I opened my library from a search panel under Library Resources > Library (following a Search > Everything query) and the Library opened into a panel. Since then, every time I invoke the Library, it opens to a panel, rather than a floating  window.

Not sure it was the cause, but as I remember it the before and after behavior began at this point.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 8012
LogosEmployee

Rich DeRuiter:

If I remember correctly, I opened my library from a search panel under Library Resources > Library (following a Search > Everything query) and the Library opened into a panel. Since then, every time I invoke the Library, it opens to a panel, rather than a floating  window.

Thanks; I can reproduce the problem by following these instructions (and have added them to the bug report).

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 2:49 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
Thanks; I can reproduce the problem by following these instructions (and have added them to the bug report).

Fixed in 6.0a RC1 on Windows. (Note: This will be fixed on Mac in a later release.)

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 2:52 PM

Confirmed fixed on Windows. Thanks!

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 3:31 PM

Angela Murashov:
Fixed in 6.0a RC1 on Windows.

Is this update generally available? I tried to update and there were no updates available...Confused

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 5:08 PM

Beloved:

Angela Murashov:
Fixed in 6.0a RC1 on Windows.

Is this update generally available? I tried to update and there were no updates available...Confused

Would only be available on the beta channel until the release candidate becomes the stable release.

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 6:01 PM

Thanks Jack,

I suspected as much, but since there is no beta heading I was unsure.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 487
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 1:03 AM

Angela Murashov:

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Fixed in 6.0a RC1 on Windows. (Note: This will be fixed on Mac in a later release.)

It works fine now (Windows). That's great. Thanks.

Posts 2058
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 1:50 AM

Suddenly started working for me too.  Did the new beta fix it?  I am a happy camper once again.  

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 3:03 AM

Beloved:
I suspected as much, but since there is no beta heading I was unsure.

Logos does not put a suffix on Release Candidates in case it becomes the stable release. Then, they would not have to make any changes, and would just release this version on the stable channel.

Posts 3013
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 7:07 AM

Mine is opening in a floating window just fine in SR-4

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS